Finally....

I realized today that people actually do read my blog and are praying for me and actually remember what I write about. Don't doubt it...it's a reality....and here's why.....

Several, several, several posts ago I wrote that God is doing something new in my life. I was a little reluctant to say what because seriously, I didn't know. Well, as God began revealing parts of it I didn't really want to post about it cause, well, the details were still a little shaky and uncertain. I have worked COMFORTABLY in the same ministry for like seven or so years. I have grown spiritually and become a different person than I was when I started out. God began to open my eyes that this ministry (youth ministry) is no longer where I need to focus ALL my attention. He began to open doors for me that I never EVER imagined for myself.

Children. What? Did I hear you right, God? Kids???? Me!?!?!?!? Hmmm....are you sure? I mean I have one....ONE!! Do you think I can actually RELATE to them? That's not my comfort zone....

Well, as He began laying before me the plans He was mapping out I began to see myself in situations where I actually WAS relating to children in ways I never imagined I could. I mean VBS music, mother's day out sub, babysitting occasionally for Cade's friends.....I was already in the midst of it and didn't even realize it. God was already preparing me for what was to come.

I guess what I should post now is what it is I am actually doing. I have been reluctant to do so because I wasn't sure if the position was actually mine or not...so I didn't want to jump ahead. I am now officially the new Mother's Day Out Director for Hillcrest Baptist Church. This has been something I have prayed over since about August. When I became aware of the possibility of the position it terrified me but excited me at the same time. I said yes but I needed to seriously pray over this before it was to become a reality for my life. So, now here I am...a member on staff...lol...yep, that's right...lol...it's funny to me because being on HBC staff has been a dream of mine since I was a teenager..lol.

Anyway, today I was in the church office trying to get some paperwork together for the position and Michael Paine was there and about to lunch with her hubby. I said something that sparked her interest about me being on staff and she was like, "what?" I told her and she was like, "That's the thing!"

It seriously took me a minute to figure out what she was talking about...lol. "That's the thing. The thing," she kept saying.

I said, "Yep," but still wasn't on the same page with her...lol.

"That's the thing that God was doing that you didn't know what it was. You know, on your blog," she said.

WOW!! JUMP BACK!!! HOLD UP!! Serious God moment...right there!! Did you see it?? God totally spoke through her and opened up my eyes so big...seriously....I had one of those spiritual AH-HAs...lol. Even though God had been moving me and talking to me and even laying before me the things He wanted me to do I still didn't see it till that moment. Oh, my...I almost missed it, too.....

***mental note: "BE STILL and know that I am God" Ps 46:10***

As for the other thing that I'm supposed to be doing (i.e. righting bad relationships) I'm still struggling a lot here. Continue to pray for me. I almost picked up the phone yesterday and hesitated. I'm closer but not close enough. God give me strength and boldness....

Comments

JB said…
congrats on your position! That is awesome. I know you will do great and MDO is a great ministry. I know....We love our MDO! It has been such a blessing for me in so many ways and Emily has loved "her school". Anyway, that is great!!
melanie said…
Jennifer, I'm so excited for you!! I accidently overheard this in the church office earlier this week and didn't know if it was "sharable" yet, but I thought the same thing Michael did - THIS is what the Lord is doing. Exciting stuff!! You're going to do a fabulous job!
Micah said…
God is so awesome! I am thrilled to hear that you will be the new MDO director. I'll be praying for you as I know there is much to be done there.
Celebrating your "God moment"... those are SO cool.
As for the relationships... in HIS time my sweet sister. Don't beat yourself up for not picking up the phone. When it is HIS time, you'll do it. God is preparing their hearts to receive that call just as He is preparing your's to make it. Be still....
cuz HE ... IS.... GOD.
Shine On my sister. Shine On!
I love you,
Micah
YIIIPPPPEEEEE! I am SO glad! LOL, I read your blog about God moving you and thought the same thing. That you should work with the little ones. A tender heart and a gentle spirit! I am SO happy for you! I can't think of a better person for the job. I ACTUALLY thought of you when the job opened up! I was So glad to see you sub and thought that is where you ought to be. AWWW, I am so glad.

Popular Posts