Snow Day...











I was completely unaware that it was gonna get so cold to produce snow...actual snow. I went to bed last night the same as any other night...slept a few hours...only to be awakened by a phone call from Lance Howell on Ryan's cell phone. You know that feeling when you are awoken from a dead sleep and something is going on around you and you are completely oblivious to the fact that it's the phone ringing or whatever? Well, that's what it was like last night. I guess he called to let us know it was snowing..lol. I'm not quite sure cause we didn't answer..lol. Anyway, Cade came into our room (as is his custom every now and then) and as I was walking him back to bed (without my glasses..by the way) I laid him back down and walked back over to our room. I glanced through our french doors that lead from our living room to our back yard and noticed that it was awfully bright outside. Seemed strange since the full moon was just a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't time for another one yet. Out of curiosity I walked over to the doors and looked outside. I was truly astonished!! The snow was aboslutely a shock. It has never snowed in Southeast Texas like it did last night. I just stood there looking at it and saying to myself, "I can't believe this...I can't believe this." It was beautiful. I walked back into the bedroom with the question in my mind, "should I wake Ryan?" You see, it's not impressive to him cause he used to live up north and shovel snow every day just to get out of the driveway..lol. He wouldn't have been too impressed. I decided not to wake him, but I took another look outside before I climbed back into bed and laughed to myself about how funny it is that there was two inches of actual real live snow on the ground. Well, I guess that was too much cause Ryan woke up and asked what on earth I was doing. I proceeded to tell him it snowed and he didn't believe me...lol...and got up to take a look for himself. Sure enough...there it was...plain as day...beautiful...perfect...untouched. It really was...I hope everyone got up to see it...truly a sight. Anyway, I crawled back into bed and went back to sleep till about six when my mother called to tell us it had snowed..lol. My mom has seen snow a little, but is like a kid in a candy store when it comes to the stuff. She was so excited she was just looking for people to call to share the excitement....lol...it was really sweet. Cade got up again about seven and passed the door and looked at the fresh snow with his little eyes and ran to our room, "mommy, mommy come look! daddy, get up!! come look!" I asked him what he saw (lol...knowing good and well what he saw) and he said, "SNOW!!" This was his first time to see it for real, but he already knew what it was. That's probably cause I let him watch too much tv, but that's beside the point..lol...you can lecture me later. I got him dressed and we went outside to see it and touch it and walk in it. It was the really special to me to watch my two-year-old experience something and truly be so excited for something so simple...very cool. He bugged me and bugged me to make a snowman...I put him off and put him off cause we had MDO today and I needed to get him ready and me ready...but, eventually I caved and we went out to make a snowman. We used Mr. Potato Head parts...don't laugh..lol...he was really cute. Here are some pics.....











Comments

Micah said…
Our daddy is just so awesome! I have been beaming ALL day about what He did for us in sending the snow. What a truly special morning with our children. I can just see Him on high watching US watching OUR children and we are just all beaming together!
Precious pictures!
That is such a cute snowman! I should have thought of it! Well, actually I didn't make our snowman. That was all Kayla and Kara. Maybe oneday we will see it again. I didn't get too excited because I used to live in Minnesota when i was young and wasn't getting up in the middle of the night for southeast texas snow. No matter HOW many people called! Its a joke. BUT I was pleasantly suprised this morning! REAL LIVE SNOW! lol Your funny!
MamaJ said…
Oh my goodness, that is just the cutest snowman I have ever seen!! Glad y'all had fun!
Heather said…
I love the snowman with ears! lol!!! Too cute! Cade looked like he was having a blast! Today was so much fun!
Michael Paine said…
i am guilty of the tv thing to so don't worry not criticism here cute snowman!!!
Cayce said…
I second what MamaJ said. That's is a precious snowman!!! And as I told MamaJ, I'm completely jealous! On the day y'all got snow, it was a "balmy" 65 degrees here in North Carolina. I think we're a little backwards, don't you?

Popular Posts