A glimpse into my new hobby....

....but it's brand new for me so I haven't had much time to REALLY learn how to use my camera.  My father-in-law gave us a Nikon D3000 for Christmas this past year and I've been learning a few things about it that are so wonderful.

I enjoy taking pictures of God's beautiful creation (although I think NO photograph can ever capture the true beauty that God has so lovingly crafted into each of His creations).  I love the blue of the sky and the green of the grass and the shadows cast by the trees and the colors of the sunsets.  I have practiced on my children (they always make good subjects to photograph..lol) but my gaze is cast on the outdoors and the colors that capture my attention.

I have been reluctant to share any of my pictures only because it seems that photography has become a "fad" around here and there are so many people taking pictures I don't want to take away from what they are doing and the business it gives to them (not to mention that I don't want to do this as a job or have people ask me to take their pictures..lol...I am too self-conscious to do anything like that).  Snaps to Crystal Roberts and Miranda Roberts for doing what they do!!

Now, here are a few I feel comfortable sharing:

This is Cade's eye. I like the way you can see the reflection of me taking the picture in his pupil.  I don't have any editing software so excuse the blurry/pixelated-ness of the picture.  I love the blue in his eyes too.  He has beautiful eyes.

This is a butterfly I saw floating around our hotel breakfast area when we were at camp.  I came down after loading up all my stuff in the van (including my camera) and noticed that he was just floating around and sitting on the ground.  I just knew that if I ran out to get my camera and came back he would be gone.  I took the gamble and came back to find that he was still there...like he was waiting on me.  I took multiple photos of him sitting here.  He was a beautiful color of blue and black with a few orange spots.  Turned out pretty nice, I think.

These orange flowers were on the mountain just outside our devotion room every day.   Each day they were opened and each night they were closed.  Really pretty in person and so many of them...everywhere. I think they are lillies...can't be too sure.  The orange pops against the green.  


This was a sunset on my street, in front of my house.  I had to set up my tripod for this one and stand in the street when the cars would pass by.  I know the people driving by my house were judging me, but I didn't care..lol.  I hate that the light pole is sort of an eyesore...I have another picture that I tried to lift it out, but it looks like an unfocussed blob right under that power line.  Like I said, I don't have any photo editing software....yet.  Even if I did, I'm not sure I could lift out an entire pole..lol.  Anyway, this one I liked because of the sky.


This is Cade, again.  Drinking from the slip and slide..lol.  I was outside playing around trying to capture the beads of water as they came up from the slip and slide and falling back to the ground.  Kind of a mid-air water droplet kind of thing.  This was sort of an accident to capture this one.  It seems to just glow with summertime.  I love it.


I shot this one in our back yard during the spring.  Those azaleas you see in the background are now dead bushes due to the lack of rain that has plagued us...boo.  Anyway, they aren't really sleeping..lol...I told Cade to pretend like he fell asleep.  It turned out pretty good.  Looks like a lazy day to me!


This little guy was so pretty.  I shot this the same day as the hammock picture above.  I chased him into the bushes so I could get a good shot of him.  His color and the red in the leaves made for a really pretty picture.


This is the picture I have set as my title picture.  I took it as my hydrangeas were coming into life from the winter.  It's very crisp and bright.  I love how it seems to represent newness of life.  


This was another that I took while on the way to camp this year.  I think it was a crepe myrtle tree that had bloomed and then dropped it's seed.  I thought it was neat with the brown and the green. I was practicing on the focusing.  I like some focus in the foreground and out of focus in the background (or vice versa...neat photography preference).


This field of flowers were blooming on the downslope of a hill near our parking lot.  I was doing the focus thing again here.  I like the unfocused orange and the weeds in the front are in focus.  Turned out pretty nice, I think.


I took this one as we were driving up the mountain to the college we stayed at.  It looks like this the whole way up.  Lookout Mountain is just gorgeous.  I like the way it looks a little mysterious with the curved road and the rock face.


Well, that's about it for now.  I said I would share some and now I have.  Don't be too harsh, but comments are welcome.  I would really like to take a photography class at Lamar, but since Ryan is in Seminary right now, time and money are not available to me for a class.  It's fine with me, though.  I am learning more and more from my dad and my father-in-law (who are both amateur photographers).  More soon....

Comments

Iris said…
I for one LOVED your pictures. But I know what you mean; it does seem like all of a sudden EVERYONE is a photographer..lol. I also like that you wrote what specific thing you like about each and/or how you took them - very insightful. I'd love to see anymore you feel comfortable posting:)
Jessica said…
My favorite one was the one of the sky from your street.... even with the lightpole. lol
full of faith said…
i absolutely loved your pics as well! especially where u can see yourself taking the pic in his eye...that's so awesome! i love to take pics as well but need a better, as in more expensive lol, camera. Just wanted u to know i finally posted again, lol after two years! love u:)
full of faith said…
oh, also can u tellme how u put the pics after each paragraph? thx:)
Jenn said…
I had to add all the pictures then type out the text where I wanted. If there is an easier way I haven't figured it out..lol.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Jo said…
Loved the pictures. I love taking pictures too. Usually just of the kiddo's. I'd love to take a little more time like you have. Your pictures are great.

Popular Posts