Tomorrow...

We are leaving for SLC at Lookout Mountain, GA.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I've been before so I know what to expect, but it's been like 3-4 years since I've been to camp at all.  Questions begin to swirl in my mind:

Can I keep up?
Will I relate to these teenagers?
Will I get tired too easily?
How badly will I miss my children?
How much sleep am I gonna get?
WILL I BE ABLE TO HEAR GOD SPEAK???

Each year is different and each camp I learn something new.  I'm stepping into a new part of my life where everything is more laid back and a little more "unknown".  I'm ok with it, though.  It's never really been a strong suit of mine, being laid back, but I'm up for the challenge....I think..lol.

Anyway, so to help myself get a little ME time I've done some things for myself that I normally don't do.  I got a spray tan yesterday...which is the way to go if you wanna tan fast and no heat.  I got a pedicure today with a good friend...and a very cute shade of bright pink polish which is out of the norm for me.  I have dropped my kiddos off to my mom early today so I can have a little quiet time...even though they aren't here I find myself trying not to make a lot of noise in the house just in case I bother one of them...lol....they aren't even here!!  LOL...anyway......

Please pray for our group as we travel and as we seek God's face this week.  I read my friend Becky's blog and she put it perfectly:

"Pay attention. And learn to be still. You're liable to find yourself breathless with awe at what I am doing. Oh, and by the way, I want to sit with you, too. You are worth MY time as well, child."

Her words were gripping to me.  As a mother, I think I have taken time away from being still and KNOWING God.  I have taken advantage of His mercy and love.  I have truly made myself too busy chasing after kids, doing laundry, cooking meals, doing the "norm".  I need to realize that God wants me to be still so He can sit with me and show Himself to me.  Wow...I need that this week, Lord.

Comments

Micah said…
LOVE your new blog design and layout!
Thank you for going to camp with the kids. We are praying for all of you!
The spray tan looks VERY natural! I thought you'd been laying out!!! lol

Popular Posts