Camp is a-comin'

Ryan and I are about to embark on a new adventure. I guess I really can't say that it's a "new" adventure because technically, TECHNICALLY, we have been like 13 times to youth camp (if you count all the times we have been as teenagers + adult sponsors). Sounds like a lot, I know, but it's so much fun we just can't not go. We stopped after our former youth ministers (Donnie and Ashley) left our church. It felt like it was time for us to just sit at God's feet for a while and be still (Ps 46:10). I'm still not sure why He wanted us to stop, but He did so we did. Ryan took some college kids to SLC (Student Life Camp) as student staffers like 2 years ago but since then I haven't been.

Anyway, so here we are...a week out (actually just a few days out) and I'm so excited I could seriously throw up..lol. Do you ever get so excited about something that you anticipate it so much and imagine how great it's gonna be that you get that feeling? LOL...well, I do and I am so excited about what God has in store. I always expect Him to show up when I go to camp (0f course, if I didn't expect it then why go, right?). We will be traveling to Lookout Mountain, Georgia. It's just a hop, skip, and jump from Tennessee...literally. You go up the mountain and you're in TN and then turn back to the college campus (Covenant College) and you are in GA. It's beautiful. I don't have any pictures on the computer because I've recently put everything on a CD or jump drive and have stored them away so I don't have anything to post....yet. I will begin to add better pictures as I go along with my blog since I have a new camera and am learning photography.

My father-in-law got us a new camera (Nikon D3000) for Christmas. I couldn't believe it when we opened it. It was the most incredible gift I could imagine getting in my entire lifetime. I have spent the time since then getting used to the camera and learning how to take neat-o pictures. They are not NEARLY as good as some of the ones you see on facebook (if you are friends with Crystal R. and Miranda R. who take phenomenal pictures) but I'm still learning. I will try to post some of my favorites of MINE if I can.

It feels so good to be back to blogging...except I've constantly got a shadow (Cade) who constantly wants to see what I'm doing. Which, I don't mind, but it is nice to have some time to myself...even if it's just 5 minutes. As I'm typing this I'm thinking in my mind how selfish time alone sounds when I know people like Jessica who recently added three new people to her family and probably doesn't get ANY alone time unless everyone is sleeping...lol. Bless her heart.....and bless her family for their obedience.

Anyway, pray for us as we travel and pray that God breaks hearts and moves the way He desires. I know He will, but I pray that hearts are open and listening as He speaks. We need to be broken.

Comments

Popular Posts