catch up....
I seem to have taken a leave of absence from my blog..lol...sorry. I guess I somehow have gottnen busy and forgotten to check into my blog. Oh, well...catching up....
Thanksgiving was ok. We had our usual family gathering at my grandparent's home. My mom and dad, me and Ryan and Cade, my aunts and uncles and their kids and grandkids. In all I think there were 20 (well 21 if you count the unborn child of my cousin) of us. If we all keep having babies we will have to rent out a hall or something. Anyway, I think this year was the actual first year that I saw Cade really enjoying playing with his other cousins. He is just now getting to the age where he is remembering people and understanding that playing with them is ok. He was a shy child and it was hard to get him to let go of me long enough to play with someone else, but now he seems to be better about going off on his own in the playroom to play with someone else. We all had a really good time. When we got home that evening (around four or so) we put Cade down for a nap and Ryan and I took a nap...till six...lol. Needless to say I had a hard time going to sleep that night...lol.
We are going to Arkansas this friday and saturday to a wedding. Tim's wedding. Tim is Ryan's little brother. I find myself speaking of him like he is a child. When I met Tim he WAS a child and I have a hard time thinking of him as an adult. He is in seminary and seeking a profession as a music minister or getting into a band. He and his friends have started a band called "Marrionette". I'm not sure what the title has to do with the type of music he plays...lol...whatever....it's his band, right? He wants to come down and play at Imprint. We'll see. Anyway, back to the wedding. I can't believe it's here already. Seems like yesterday he was the seven year old little annoying brother that used to tag along to the mall with Ryan and me. We used to be so embarassed to have him come cause he used to hurdle the little benches they had in the mall years ago. Now, I know you're probably laughing and that's ok....Tim never reads my blogs..lol...LAUGH AWAY!! Cade is supposed to be in the wedding as the ring bearer. I have had the conversation with him and told him he is gonna walk down the isle in his new shoes (vans--black and silver checkerboard) and hold a pillow. He says he's gonna do it....I have my doubts. I asked him if he would go so far as to hold hands with another little girl and he said a hearty, "NO!" Hmmm....maybe we shouldn't push it. Maybe if it were Mackenzie or Katie Rose or even Kara, but not some random little girl. Like I said I have my doubts.
Anyway, otherwise things are going ok for me around here. I was asked to fill in at MDO tomorrow for the four year old class. I told them, "no problem, I will be there." Later they told me there is a little girl who speaks little English and mostly Spanish. Hmmm...anyone want to volunteer to be my translater for the day? Should make for a good blog entry, right?
Thanksgiving was ok. We had our usual family gathering at my grandparent's home. My mom and dad, me and Ryan and Cade, my aunts and uncles and their kids and grandkids. In all I think there were 20 (well 21 if you count the unborn child of my cousin) of us. If we all keep having babies we will have to rent out a hall or something. Anyway, I think this year was the actual first year that I saw Cade really enjoying playing with his other cousins. He is just now getting to the age where he is remembering people and understanding that playing with them is ok. He was a shy child and it was hard to get him to let go of me long enough to play with someone else, but now he seems to be better about going off on his own in the playroom to play with someone else. We all had a really good time. When we got home that evening (around four or so) we put Cade down for a nap and Ryan and I took a nap...till six...lol. Needless to say I had a hard time going to sleep that night...lol.
We are going to Arkansas this friday and saturday to a wedding. Tim's wedding. Tim is Ryan's little brother. I find myself speaking of him like he is a child. When I met Tim he WAS a child and I have a hard time thinking of him as an adult. He is in seminary and seeking a profession as a music minister or getting into a band. He and his friends have started a band called "Marrionette". I'm not sure what the title has to do with the type of music he plays...lol...whatever....it's his band, right? He wants to come down and play at Imprint. We'll see. Anyway, back to the wedding. I can't believe it's here already. Seems like yesterday he was the seven year old little annoying brother that used to tag along to the mall with Ryan and me. We used to be so embarassed to have him come cause he used to hurdle the little benches they had in the mall years ago. Now, I know you're probably laughing and that's ok....Tim never reads my blogs..lol...LAUGH AWAY!! Cade is supposed to be in the wedding as the ring bearer. I have had the conversation with him and told him he is gonna walk down the isle in his new shoes (vans--black and silver checkerboard) and hold a pillow. He says he's gonna do it....I have my doubts. I asked him if he would go so far as to hold hands with another little girl and he said a hearty, "NO!" Hmmm....maybe we shouldn't push it. Maybe if it were Mackenzie or Katie Rose or even Kara, but not some random little girl. Like I said I have my doubts.
Anyway, otherwise things are going ok for me around here. I was asked to fill in at MDO tomorrow for the four year old class. I told them, "no problem, I will be there." Later they told me there is a little girl who speaks little English and mostly Spanish. Hmmm...anyone want to volunteer to be my translater for the day? Should make for a good blog entry, right?


Comments