weekend escapade...
So, those of you who were wondering how my adventures went on Thursday at MDO...let me tell you...it was really cool. When I arrived the teachers and director had a little prayer time and laughing and just talking through how the day would go. It was really nice. I went to my room to wait on my kiddos to show up and who was the first one to walk through the door??? Yep, the spanish-speaking girl...lol...I guess I shouldn't have been surprised because that's just my luck right? Anyway, so her mother speaks NO english and the little girl understands a little but only speaks spanish. The little girl goes into the bathroom and the mother asks my name and I tell her..no problems. The little girl comes out of the bathroom and the mom is going on telling her my name and whatever and I'm just standing there..lol...looking at both of them like "hmmm ok". Mom leaves and the little girl and I are just standing there. Finally someone else comes in and I encourage them to play. They sort of play and whatever and it's fine till another little girl gets there. Those two girls go off and play by themselves and leaves the little spanish girl all by herself. I felt really bad all day for her because she couldn't communicate with anyone and no one could communicate with her. It was really hard. At lunch time we sat down to eat and Andrea (that's the spanish girl's name) wanted to sit by me, which was great. I was reaching her on some level, I guess..lol. Since everyone has two sides I sat on one side of Andrea and another girl was sitting on her other side. The little girl sitting on her other side made a comment that just broke my heart. She said, "I don't want to sit next to a spanish girl. She doesn't speak english so I don't want her to touch my stuff." If I could have jumped out of my skin and cried and taken Andrea out of the room I would have. I was glad at that point that Andrea didn't speak any English and was hoping beyond hope that she didn't understand what was just said. I was truly appalled. I mean, seriously?? Is this truly how kids are? I mean, I guess I should have at least expected some dislike for her, but I was totally caught off guard. I simply said, "It's not nice to say stuff like that about other people. We need to love everyone." I honestly couldn't think of anything else to say. It hurt me for Andrea. She can't help it!! She didn't do anything to be disliked so intensly!! Oh, I was just seriously hurt for her. But, Andrea kept on with her lunch and continued to eat and talk to me in Spanish like I seriously understood her..lol. It was really comical to me because I could pick out a couple of words that she said and sort of understand, but she just kept repeating herself and I just talked to her in English and we muttled through...lol...I learned from her just how difficult it is to try and explain our "Christian words" to non-believers. When we talk about being "born again" or "transformed" or "rebirthed" sometimes it's over their heads and they just don't get it. I have to speak their "language". Does that make sense? Well, it truly impacted me....
Now, on to the wedding. Those of you who don't know, Ryan's brother got married Saturday. Cade was to be the ring bearer. I had my doubts as to if he would walk down the aisle or even stay on stage. He did FANTASTIC. I had talked it up a lot before we even went. I got him special clothes and special shoes to wear and told him that since they were for the wedding he couldn't wear them till then. He was so excited to wear his special clothes and shoes for uncle Tim. On rehearsal night they gave Cade the pillow and asked him to walk down with Grace (the flower girl) and would he hold her hand. He grabbed her hand, held his pillow, and walked down the aisle with the music. It was the cutest thing in the whole wide world. My baby...walking down the aisle...WITH A GIRL!!! Hmmm...we better not get too far ahead of ourselves..lol. The smile on my face was huge...lol. I was so proud. On the wedding day he kept telling me he was gonna walk down the aisle with Grace and hold his pillow. How sweet!! So, now it was time to take pictures. I know he really didn't want to because he was hungry and irritated at all the pics he had to take with all the people, but he endured and he made it. I don't think he smiled in any of the pics but he got really good at saying "CHEESE". All the while not looking at the camera..lol. Time for the actual wedding and he came down the aisle with Grace. As he smiled you could see his blue teeth..lol...because we did have to do a little bribing to get him to do it. "Dad has gummies" was our tactic. He walked down with his blue smile and stood on his sticker in front of daddy. He only came down one time but wanted to go back up and stand with dad. When it came time to march back down the aisle after the ceremony was over Grace didn't wait for him to get down the stairs before she pulled him down...lol. They both took a tumble and fell right before the front row of pews. Flowers spilled out and the cuties proceeded to picking them up before they stood to walk down the aisle...lol. It was soooo cute. All in all it was a great wedding...very emotional....for all of us.
That's about it for my weekend escapade. I will try to get some pics up of my little man when I can get them downloaded..lol...I'm not quite sure why it takes me forever but it does.
Now, on to the wedding. Those of you who don't know, Ryan's brother got married Saturday. Cade was to be the ring bearer. I had my doubts as to if he would walk down the aisle or even stay on stage. He did FANTASTIC. I had talked it up a lot before we even went. I got him special clothes and special shoes to wear and told him that since they were for the wedding he couldn't wear them till then. He was so excited to wear his special clothes and shoes for uncle Tim. On rehearsal night they gave Cade the pillow and asked him to walk down with Grace (the flower girl) and would he hold her hand. He grabbed her hand, held his pillow, and walked down the aisle with the music. It was the cutest thing in the whole wide world. My baby...walking down the aisle...WITH A GIRL!!! Hmmm...we better not get too far ahead of ourselves..lol. The smile on my face was huge...lol. I was so proud. On the wedding day he kept telling me he was gonna walk down the aisle with Grace and hold his pillow. How sweet!! So, now it was time to take pictures. I know he really didn't want to because he was hungry and irritated at all the pics he had to take with all the people, but he endured and he made it. I don't think he smiled in any of the pics but he got really good at saying "CHEESE". All the while not looking at the camera..lol. Time for the actual wedding and he came down the aisle with Grace. As he smiled you could see his blue teeth..lol...because we did have to do a little bribing to get him to do it. "Dad has gummies" was our tactic. He walked down with his blue smile and stood on his sticker in front of daddy. He only came down one time but wanted to go back up and stand with dad. When it came time to march back down the aisle after the ceremony was over Grace didn't wait for him to get down the stairs before she pulled him down...lol. They both took a tumble and fell right before the front row of pews. Flowers spilled out and the cuties proceeded to picking them up before they stood to walk down the aisle...lol. It was soooo cute. All in all it was a great wedding...very emotional....for all of us.
That's about it for my weekend escapade. I will try to get some pics up of my little man when I can get them downloaded..lol...I'm not quite sure why it takes me forever but it does.


Comments
It sounds like the wedding was great! We need pictures!!!!!!! :) Glad y'all are home safe and sound!