what do I know?
I’ve made you promises a thousand times. I’ve tried to hear from heaven, but I talked the whole time. I think I’ve made you too small. I never fear you at all. If you touched my face would I know you? Looked into my eyes could I behold you?
What do I know of you who spoke me into motion? Where have I even stood but the shore along your ocean? Are you fire are you fury, are you sacred are you beautiful? So, What do I know? What do I know of holy?
I guess I thought that I had figured you out. I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about how you were mighty to save. But those were only empty words on a page then I caught a glimpse of who you might be. The slightest hint of you brought me down to my knees.
What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame? And a God who gave life its name. What do I know of holy? Of the one who the angels praise? All creation knows your name on earth and heaven above. What do I know of this love?
Wow!! This speaks worlds to me. What do I know? I know nothing. I know nothing of this God who has given His life for me. Knowledge is meaningless when unaccompanied by wisdom. I can gain a whole world of "head knowledge" of who I think God is, but what do I know?
Hmmm.......


Comments