I'm now on Facebook....
.....but I have no idea how to do it. I have said over and over again that I would only do blogger and just keep up with people this way, but the more I watch Ryan get into Facebook I realize that it's easier to keep up. I did Myspace for a while and just decided I didn't like it anymore...just because it became a "contest" to see who could get more friends and who could post the worst bulletins and comments. I hated it....that's why I waited so long to network on Facebook....oh, well, I guess I will join the addiction!!
On to other things....
Saturday we took Cade to Galveston to visit Moody Gardens. Ryan won tickets to the Aquarium Pyramid, the Rainforest Pyramid, the 3D Imax, and the Palm Beach in a golf tournament. It was a nice prize and a very inexpensive vacation for us. We actually left Friday evening and stayed in the Hilton on Seawall Boulevard, then Saturday we had breakfast and went on to Moody Gardens. First we walked through the Rainforest Pyramid, which Cade didn't find too interesting because it's mostly plants and stuff....not much to interest a 3 yr old...lol. Then we decided to try the 3D Imax. I chose a film about dolphins and whales since I thought this would be less intimidating and scary for my child than dinosaurs alive and sharks. Seeing some of those things coming at you can be a little scary even to an adult. Cade really loves dolphins and I thought this would be the best choice. If he didn't like it we would just leave....we didn't pay for the tickets anyway...no waste. We sat down and I showed him the huge glasses that everyone would be wearing and how silly we would all look and tried to explain what they would do to the movie. He said he wasn't gonna wear them...fine with me. I didn't want to scare him so if he wanted to watch the movie all fuzzy and blurry it was ok with me...lol. He watched the whole thing, even though I don't think he really liked it much.
Oh, well, on to the Aquarium Pyramid. I KNEW he would LOVE this. I had taken him there last summer and he remembered and ran around and rushed through the whole thing so fast I don't think he remembered much...lol. It was his favorite part and I enjoyed watching him marvel at all the fish, sharks, and penguins. I'm a bad mommy, though. I took no pictures and I could just kick myself for it.
We had lunch on the beach, which is nothing like I remember (at least since Ike hit us), but Cade has never been to the beach and I wanted him to see and feel the water and sand in case we never get back down there. Ryan is not much of a beach person and we can't get down there much. I have always loved Galveston and I've always been captured by its history and culture. It's not all partying and silliness to me, but it's historic and interesting. I am saddened, though, to see my beloved mini-vacation spot turned into a wasteland of memories. The people will rebuild but it will never be the way I remembered it and that breaks my heart a little.
Anyway, it was a great weekend. We had fun getting away and not being home just for a whole day. Cade had a blast and it was nice to see him enjoy his dad. Ryan stays busy and I love the ministry he is in and I appreciate the hard work he does to provide for us, but I always miss him when he isn't here and I revel in the days he is here to spend the whole day with us. It's always nice.
If you haven't yet, check me out of Facebook and maybe swing some ideas my way...lol...
BTW....Cade's thumb sucking is going well (or the giving up of it). He is doing really well not sucking on his thumb during the day. Thanks to all my friends who encouraged me to not make a huge deal out of it. I knew if I did that it would BE a big deal and he is just doing wonderfully.


Comments