Back to School...

I am/am not looking forward to "back to school". I know Cade is looking forward to going back to school so he isn't so bored through the summer. Being pregnant hasn't been his friend this summer...at all. I feel so bad that I haven't done enough with him. The DVR has been my friend this time around and TV has become an all to familiar (and too regular) part of our routine. We have watched "The Incredibles" more times than I care to count (or admit). When all you feel like doing is laying around it makes it hard on your other children. I feel really bad and although I don't do NOT ME MONDAYS I will put this one:

I do NOT allow my child to watch too much TV so I can get some other stuff done or just rest selfishly on the couch so I won't have to move around too much.

Anyway, I also really love school shopping. Cade is only in pre-school and doesn't need very many supplies for school, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE school supplies. Folders, pencils, binders, spirals, pens, markers, crayons...I love them all!!! I am partly excited for Cade to start public school so I can buy him supplies...lol...that's kinda sad, I know, but it's the truth. I walked into Wal-Mart the other day to do some regular shopping and just had to walk through all the school supplies. I resisted buying everything I saw and settled for just some colored pencils (we use these as highlighters...but I guess this is just an easy excuse to buy something..lol). I looked through all the backpacks, lunch boxes, and other stuff they had and my mind was just spinning at all the "stuff" I get to buy for Cade when he goes to school...although, I know this will be a tough time for me to watch my baby go off by himself to school for the first time. Some of my friends are facing this as we speak. Public school starts next week and although I know it can be a scary and anxiety ridden time in a parent's life I know the children are just so excited and ready for everything to finally happen.

I'm not so ready for MDO to start. My pregnancy has changed a lot for me and my decision is to stop doing MDO director. My family needs me and I will not put a job before them. The more I pray through this situation the more I begin to see that God has put me in a position to be an "in-between" for a short time. I got in, made some changes and improvements, and now it's time for me to step out. I'm ok with this. God is making some major changes in our lives right now and I'm excited to see what He is about to do with us. I have given up a lot of things in the church that I have been involved in for the past few years and I know there is a reason for it all. Either He is about to make a MAJOR change or He just has a new avenue for me to serve in. Either way I'm looking at where He is working so I can get involved. I'm excited for this too.

Oh, well, wherever He leads....I'll follow.

BTW....I found out some super-exciting news today from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. They are pregnant. It's super early for them to have children (in my opinion..lol), but I know that nothing is an accident and they are really excited to be parents. I'm still not sure what to make of it yet...lol...but I'm excited just the same. Pray for them....they will need all the prayers they can get.

Praise God for the rain today!!!!!

Comments

Becky said…
I'm a school supply geek, too!! 'Course I've come to realize that there *is* a limit to the number of pens and folders and packs of paper that one person can reasonably use in a few months' time...but, they're so neat, and orderly, and hold such possibility, and are only 25 cents apiece...
(I'm amazed Dan hasn't forbidden me to enter a store until the back to school sales end!)
Jo said…
Ha! I pre bought school supplies back in April. The PTO puts the packs together and all you do is pick it up. I couldn't resist the easiness of it. I love all the sites of the school supply aisles but I couldn't resist the easiness of it. : )

Popular Posts