A new road....

Well, it finally happened.

What?

Well, let me just tell you.

It's awesome, incredible, unimaginable, awe-inspiring, surreal, and just any other greatness you could possibly think of.

My husband, the man of God I married has surrendered his life to the ministry!!!

This is an incredible and very much a confirmation in my life that I have waited for nearly three years.

I had a very close friend move away about three years ago (which was totally in God's plan if you read their blog) and we were named Interim Youth Ministers of HBC youth ministries. I spoke to him on the phone and explained to him that I felt a call to ministry of some sort. I wasn't sure at the time what God was speaking to me about and how he was going to use me, but I KNEW that the call was for real. It was strange but cool. I also told him that I wanted to make sure that the feeling I felt was absolutely more than that....just a feeling...I missed my friend and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just based off of emotion. I spoke with Ryan's mother as well. She helped me to see some possibilities that I didn't think of before. She said this:

"Sometimes God will call the wife before he calls the husband just because of some of the emotional ties she will have to let go of before you can move on with your ministry."

This information put my mind at ease a little. Not that there would ever be any hesitation for me to go after what God has called me to at all, but I appreciated the different perspective that she had. So I waited.......and I prayed......

Here I am, three years later, with my husband confessing to me that he wants to do ministry.

Um, what?!?!?

I was a little taken by surprise...lol. I shouldn't have been....I shared this vision with him when God revealed it to me, but somehow I was still a little shocked that THIS was his vision too. As I spoke to him about what I had been praying for I began to cry. I told him that I spoke with his mom and what she said to me (which I didn't tell him before). I think he was a little taken by surprise too.

God was preparing us for so long and I guess I allowed some of those things to go unnoticed for a while, getting wrapped up in ordinary life, day-to-day living. I pray that doesn't happen to me again, but I need more prayer and lots of encouragement.

Where does this road lead? Hmmm....well, I don't know that for sure. I do know, however, that I need to trust God to give me the first step and go on faith from there. I want to be faithful, I want to be willing. I just can't wait to see where God is going to bring us......

Comments

Jo said…
What amazing news! How incredible a calling. I know God will lead and anoint you to the perfect positions in him. Keep us posted.

As far as my camera, I got a Canon Rebel back last December. I have LOVED it. There is so much I still need to learn about it. I got it from this website.http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ They have both new and refurbished cameras and it tends to be more competitive and cheaper prices than like Best Buy. Also, because they are out of NY, you don't have to pay sales tax. That is a a lot of savings on a purchase that high. I highly recommend the site if you choose an slr style camera.

Blessings!!
Jessica said…
I am so happy and excited for the both of you!! I don't think that this calling comes as much of a surprise to anyone. :) it is obvious that you and Ryan have some God given gifts, and I am thrilled to hear that ya'll will be using them in full time ministry! so exciting!! love you both!
melanie said…
Wow, Jenn! I'm excited to see where God will lead y'all, and excited to be praying for you both in the process.

Popular Posts