A new life? A new home? A new ministry?
I haven't posted much about this due to the fact that I wasn't sure how much Ryan wanted me to share, but I am pretty confident that it isn't a big deal anymore. My parents, his parents and several close friends know and Ryan announced it at IMPRINT Thursday night and so I suppose it's out in the open.
As to the nature of this "announcement", here it is:
About 6 months ago Ryan decided to go into the ministry (which I posted about). After much praying and deciding that this is DEFINITELY what God wants for our family NOW he began sending out resumes to different places. Several responses came back, "Thanks, but no thanks." Except for one church...FBC Monroe, LA. They called Ryan and liked his resume. They wanted to know more about him so they sent out a survey through e-mail. After filling this out they decided they wanted to proceed to "Phase 2" of the process. We were excited!! They requested a DVD of him speaking. He sent it out and we didn't hear from them in like 2 months...lol. It was a long 2 months. We figured they just decided they didn't like what they heard...or saw, lol. This all transpired over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays so we kinda figured they may be taking time off for family and what-not, so although we worried a little about it, we didn't stress too much. Plus, those who have been through this process before told us that if they decided they didn't want us that they would call and tell us they were pursuing a different direction.
A little before Christmas we got a phone call. Finally. Ryan was super stoked. We were still sitting in the second phase of this "interview" if you could call it that...though, we hadn't been through the "interview" yet. They wanted to let us know that we were still in it and that they still wanted to proceed with this process with us. They wanted to meet us. Could we come up there? Could we travel? Well, the Dr. told me I shouldn't travel after 36 weeks so there was no way for us to go there, so they decided to come here. I thought that was incredible. The team of 6 drove 5 hours to Nederland to meet US. This spoke worlds to me about their character...they didn't have to do this, but now, here we were...about to have the all important and official "interview". I was TERRIFIED. I've never done anything like this before. I mean, I have been in interviews before for other jobs, but never for something where people would be judging your spirituality or religiosity in any way. I will say it again....I was T E R R I F I E D!!
The arrived on a Sunday and we met them for lunch at a local restaurant and then they came back to our home for desert. Cade spent some time with my mom so they could ask us the important questions they needed to ask without much interruption. They stayed 6 hours...lol. It was a long afternoon, but very nice to sit and talk with people and hear their hearts. After it was all over and they packed up to leave, Ryan and I sat down and talked about this. This was for real. This was no longer just an "idea" hanging out there in the world. This was REALITY.
My fears began to surface. What about Cade? How will he do with a move? What about our new baby? How will we pack up our home? When will all this happen, if it does? How is my mom going to handle this? How will the move affect my friendships?
Well, what difference does all this make? These questions are VERY important and very welll worth asking, but, seriously, what difference does it all make in the great scheme of God's perfect will for our family? Is my faith not strong enough to know that God will provide all these things in perfect timing? I am so weak.
This team is wanting Ryan. We feel it. We know it. It's been confirmed. God's clarity has been upon our hearts and minds. Is it hard? YES!! Will it be hard? YES!! But, we are sure that this is what God wants for us.
After this baby is born we will plan a trip to visit Monroe, LA to meet the pastor and look at church and see the area. I am looking forward to this. I am still very nervous about moving...I've never lived anywhere away from my family. I am still very frightened about how finances will be affected and how Cade will take all this change. I am still nervous about how the people in this church will accept Ryan and our family.
We still need prayers. Although we know this is where God is leading, we don't want to get so far ahead of ourselves that we begin to presume that God can't change stuff at the last minute. I will NOT pack up my home before we've been offered the job...lol. I will NOT begin to give things away before we've been offered the job...lol. I will NOT worry!!!
First thing's first....have this baby. Second, move to the next step in our path....whatever it is.
As to the nature of this "announcement", here it is:
About 6 months ago Ryan decided to go into the ministry (which I posted about). After much praying and deciding that this is DEFINITELY what God wants for our family NOW he began sending out resumes to different places. Several responses came back, "Thanks, but no thanks." Except for one church...FBC Monroe, LA. They called Ryan and liked his resume. They wanted to know more about him so they sent out a survey through e-mail. After filling this out they decided they wanted to proceed to "Phase 2" of the process. We were excited!! They requested a DVD of him speaking. He sent it out and we didn't hear from them in like 2 months...lol. It was a long 2 months. We figured they just decided they didn't like what they heard...or saw, lol. This all transpired over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays so we kinda figured they may be taking time off for family and what-not, so although we worried a little about it, we didn't stress too much. Plus, those who have been through this process before told us that if they decided they didn't want us that they would call and tell us they were pursuing a different direction.
A little before Christmas we got a phone call. Finally. Ryan was super stoked. We were still sitting in the second phase of this "interview" if you could call it that...though, we hadn't been through the "interview" yet. They wanted to let us know that we were still in it and that they still wanted to proceed with this process with us. They wanted to meet us. Could we come up there? Could we travel? Well, the Dr. told me I shouldn't travel after 36 weeks so there was no way for us to go there, so they decided to come here. I thought that was incredible. The team of 6 drove 5 hours to Nederland to meet US. This spoke worlds to me about their character...they didn't have to do this, but now, here we were...about to have the all important and official "interview". I was TERRIFIED. I've never done anything like this before. I mean, I have been in interviews before for other jobs, but never for something where people would be judging your spirituality or religiosity in any way. I will say it again....I was T E R R I F I E D!!
The arrived on a Sunday and we met them for lunch at a local restaurant and then they came back to our home for desert. Cade spent some time with my mom so they could ask us the important questions they needed to ask without much interruption. They stayed 6 hours...lol. It was a long afternoon, but very nice to sit and talk with people and hear their hearts. After it was all over and they packed up to leave, Ryan and I sat down and talked about this. This was for real. This was no longer just an "idea" hanging out there in the world. This was REALITY.
My fears began to surface. What about Cade? How will he do with a move? What about our new baby? How will we pack up our home? When will all this happen, if it does? How is my mom going to handle this? How will the move affect my friendships?
Well, what difference does all this make? These questions are VERY important and very welll worth asking, but, seriously, what difference does it all make in the great scheme of God's perfect will for our family? Is my faith not strong enough to know that God will provide all these things in perfect timing? I am so weak.
This team is wanting Ryan. We feel it. We know it. It's been confirmed. God's clarity has been upon our hearts and minds. Is it hard? YES!! Will it be hard? YES!! But, we are sure that this is what God wants for us.
After this baby is born we will plan a trip to visit Monroe, LA to meet the pastor and look at church and see the area. I am looking forward to this. I am still very nervous about moving...I've never lived anywhere away from my family. I am still very frightened about how finances will be affected and how Cade will take all this change. I am still nervous about how the people in this church will accept Ryan and our family.
We still need prayers. Although we know this is where God is leading, we don't want to get so far ahead of ourselves that we begin to presume that God can't change stuff at the last minute. I will NOT pack up my home before we've been offered the job...lol. I will NOT begin to give things away before we've been offered the job...lol. I will NOT worry!!!
First thing's first....have this baby. Second, move to the next step in our path....whatever it is.


Comments
We're praying for you. I won't pretend I'm not nervous for you; you know our history with the path you're about to walk. But you also know that I firmly believe that it was God Himself who led us that way, hard as it was. There will be times of great joy as well as times of great trial. And He IS sufficient for it all. Love you, lady. Praying for you tomorrow and in the coming days.
with regards to your family, kids are resiliant and in the supportive environment of a church family the will continue to thrive. moving away is hard. i've done it, but the world is a much smaller place with computers and web cams etc!!
will be praying for you all and look forward to hearing updates.
Seriously, if you need a listening ear about all the moving stuff, I'm here...not that I can give you any advice or anything...just know that I understand all your worries and fears, and that I will continue to pray for your family through this transition!
((Big hug))
I will be praying for you tomorrow. Healthy baby and happy momma. PS Get the epidural if you want to. LOL Luv Ya!!