How Mommy?
Before Ayden was born Cade was full of questions:
"How does the baby grow?" -- He grows in mommy's tummy and God helps him get bigger.
"Why does he grow in your tummy?" -- That's the way God made mommies' bodies to hold a baby.
"When is he gonna come out?" -- He will come out when he is all grown and ready to come out.
and my favorite...
"How is the baby gonna come out?" -- This was a more difficult question....
My oldest son is only four years old....how much should I really tell him about childbirth...really...lol.
So, the best I could come up with for this last question was this:
"The doctors and Jesus are gonna help mommy get the baby out."
Cade has been satisfied with every answer I gave him about the baby. He would never go back to any question again except for "how will the baby come out". I guess in his little mind he just couldn't shake the fact that yes, the doctors and Jesus were gonna help, but how would mommy get the baby out of her body? It just didn't make any sense to him. WHERE would the baby come out was probably more his question rather than HOW.
At the hospital, right after they wheeled me into the postpartum room and most of my visitors had left Cade crawled up into my bed and snuggled up to me. He looked me straight in the eyes and asked me where Jesus was. WHAT? "Mommy, I didn't get to see Jesus. Where is He?"
My heart sank under the hormones and the emotional upheaval of having a baby and right there in the hospital room I looked into the eyes of my son and tried to explain that Jesus was there we just can't see him. He, of course, didn't understand and began to cry. He honestly thought that Jesus showed up in the hospital room in human form. I mean, He is God...I suppose if He really wanted to He could have totally done that...but, for my 4 yr old it was too much to wrap his little mind around. He didn't understand why Jesus would come see mommy and leave without saying hello to him.
Cade's little heart is so tender. He loves Jesus so much and I learn from him each day how important it is to keep Christ as the forefront in my life. I am so blessed to have a child that loves and asks questions about God on a daily basis. He is so wonderful.
Here's to my precious firstborn. My prayer for you is that you allow Christ to dwell in you richly as you love and honor Him with your life. Your dad and I will do our best to direct you to Him as you grow and learn more about life. We love you so much and want to show you how to obey the Lord as we live out our lives. Our love for you is deeper than you can imagine. May you continue to look to Him as you question life's most pressing issues. We love you so much.....
"How does the baby grow?" -- He grows in mommy's tummy and God helps him get bigger.
"Why does he grow in your tummy?" -- That's the way God made mommies' bodies to hold a baby.
"When is he gonna come out?" -- He will come out when he is all grown and ready to come out.
and my favorite...
"How is the baby gonna come out?" -- This was a more difficult question....
My oldest son is only four years old....how much should I really tell him about childbirth...really...lol.
So, the best I could come up with for this last question was this:
"The doctors and Jesus are gonna help mommy get the baby out."
Cade has been satisfied with every answer I gave him about the baby. He would never go back to any question again except for "how will the baby come out". I guess in his little mind he just couldn't shake the fact that yes, the doctors and Jesus were gonna help, but how would mommy get the baby out of her body? It just didn't make any sense to him. WHERE would the baby come out was probably more his question rather than HOW.
At the hospital, right after they wheeled me into the postpartum room and most of my visitors had left Cade crawled up into my bed and snuggled up to me. He looked me straight in the eyes and asked me where Jesus was. WHAT? "Mommy, I didn't get to see Jesus. Where is He?"
My heart sank under the hormones and the emotional upheaval of having a baby and right there in the hospital room I looked into the eyes of my son and tried to explain that Jesus was there we just can't see him. He, of course, didn't understand and began to cry. He honestly thought that Jesus showed up in the hospital room in human form. I mean, He is God...I suppose if He really wanted to He could have totally done that...but, for my 4 yr old it was too much to wrap his little mind around. He didn't understand why Jesus would come see mommy and leave without saying hello to him.
Cade's little heart is so tender. He loves Jesus so much and I learn from him each day how important it is to keep Christ as the forefront in my life. I am so blessed to have a child that loves and asks questions about God on a daily basis. He is so wonderful.
Here's to my precious firstborn. My prayer for you is that you allow Christ to dwell in you richly as you love and honor Him with your life. Your dad and I will do our best to direct you to Him as you grow and learn more about life. We love you so much and want to show you how to obey the Lord as we live out our lives. Our love for you is deeper than you can imagine. May you continue to look to Him as you question life's most pressing issues. We love you so much.....


Comments
Glad to hear you are doing great and enjoying your boys. Children are such a blessing from God. : )