Ayden is here...
Yes. He has made his entrance.
Ayden Kristopher Tucker was born Tuesday, January 19, 2010 at 9:36 a.m. 8 lbs 5 oz and so cute you just want to eat him up. He is smaller than Cade was, even though weighed more. As big as I got you would swear I was carrying a hoss...but, he is tiny. I'm not sure I know what to do with such a tiny little thing. What a mighty God we serve....He makes these little things that grow into adults. It's amazing to me.
My labor wasn't hard. I was supposed to go in Tuesday evening at 4 p.m. for a foley bulb placement into my cervix (if you haven't ever heard of if look it up on Google. It doesn't sound pleasant and I'm glad I didn't have to do it..lol). My water broke at 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. I've never had this happen before so I wasn't sure what was happening, but once I got to the bathroom I knew right away that this was it. I woke Ryan and told him what was going on then called my mom to come so we wouldn't have to wake Cade. We drove to the hospital and got admitted and got to Labor and Delivery about 4:30. I labored on my own for about 2 hours and then they decided to start pitocin (which I didn't want, but I didn't have to get much of it). My contractions came quicker and harder so I asked for pain relief (Nubaine...which I highly recommend...cause, it makes you feel so good...lol...ask Ryan if you want some details...pretty funny from his point of view). I decided I wanted an epidural too, but it, again, wasn't worth it. When the anesthesiologist got there to do it my contractions were coming so hard and so frequently that I really didn't need it. I went from a 5 to a 9 in under 2 minutes. The stupid thing didn't have time to work before I felt I needed to push. I turned to my side because one side of my cervix was a 10 and one side was a 9 1/2 (which I still don't understand..lol). Anyway, as soon as the nurse turned me I said, "I have to push" and she was like, "Don't push yet it's not time." Why would you tell someone that? Especially someone who is feeling the baby's head pushing through her bottom? Whatever.....so I told her this like three more times and she finally checked me and, sure enough, his head was crowning...and she ran to the hallway and yelled, "I need more hands...NOW!!" LOL...don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about....
Anyway, the doctor didn't even make it to the delivery room to "catch" the baby before I delivered him. At 9:36 a.m. he was here...and perfect. He didn't even look like a vaginal birth baby. His head wasn't even in the birth canal long enough to make him a "cone head". He is so pretty.
Anyway, I think my birthing stories could totally be ads for "no epidurals" commercial. Why can't I ever get these things to work for me? All I ever want is a little relief..lol...but really, it wasn't all that bad for how long I was in labor. I have two healthy boys born just the way I wanted....naturally (or actually not naturally because I used meds, but you know what I mean). I couldn't be happier.
No more babies for us, though. Pregnancy gets harder and harder the older you get. Maybe if you exercise and such it's not as hard. I didn't do much exercising with Ayden (or with Cade for that matter) so I gained a lot of weight. My body is just tired. I miss my old self. I miss my old clothes. I miss being able to put on a shirt and cover my stomach. I miss having options in my wardrobe...lol. By the time I got to 8 months I stopped having any options because I was so big. I miss being able to hold my 4 yr old close to me and play with him on the floor. I miss being able to walk through a door and not hit the doorframes..lol...jk...I didn't get THAT big...but, people don't seem to have much consideration that pregnant women need a little more room to move around than they do...lol....so get out of the way!! (just kidding)
Ayden Kristopher Tucker was born Tuesday, January 19, 2010 at 9:36 a.m. 8 lbs 5 oz and so cute you just want to eat him up. He is smaller than Cade was, even though weighed more. As big as I got you would swear I was carrying a hoss...but, he is tiny. I'm not sure I know what to do with such a tiny little thing. What a mighty God we serve....He makes these little things that grow into adults. It's amazing to me.
My labor wasn't hard. I was supposed to go in Tuesday evening at 4 p.m. for a foley bulb placement into my cervix (if you haven't ever heard of if look it up on Google. It doesn't sound pleasant and I'm glad I didn't have to do it..lol). My water broke at 4 a.m. Tuesday morning. I've never had this happen before so I wasn't sure what was happening, but once I got to the bathroom I knew right away that this was it. I woke Ryan and told him what was going on then called my mom to come so we wouldn't have to wake Cade. We drove to the hospital and got admitted and got to Labor and Delivery about 4:30. I labored on my own for about 2 hours and then they decided to start pitocin (which I didn't want, but I didn't have to get much of it). My contractions came quicker and harder so I asked for pain relief (Nubaine...which I highly recommend...cause, it makes you feel so good...lol...ask Ryan if you want some details...pretty funny from his point of view). I decided I wanted an epidural too, but it, again, wasn't worth it. When the anesthesiologist got there to do it my contractions were coming so hard and so frequently that I really didn't need it. I went from a 5 to a 9 in under 2 minutes. The stupid thing didn't have time to work before I felt I needed to push. I turned to my side because one side of my cervix was a 10 and one side was a 9 1/2 (which I still don't understand..lol). Anyway, as soon as the nurse turned me I said, "I have to push" and she was like, "Don't push yet it's not time." Why would you tell someone that? Especially someone who is feeling the baby's head pushing through her bottom? Whatever.....so I told her this like three more times and she finally checked me and, sure enough, his head was crowning...and she ran to the hallway and yelled, "I need more hands...NOW!!" LOL...don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about....
Anyway, the doctor didn't even make it to the delivery room to "catch" the baby before I delivered him. At 9:36 a.m. he was here...and perfect. He didn't even look like a vaginal birth baby. His head wasn't even in the birth canal long enough to make him a "cone head". He is so pretty.
Anyway, I think my birthing stories could totally be ads for "no epidurals" commercial. Why can't I ever get these things to work for me? All I ever want is a little relief..lol...but really, it wasn't all that bad for how long I was in labor. I have two healthy boys born just the way I wanted....naturally (or actually not naturally because I used meds, but you know what I mean). I couldn't be happier.
No more babies for us, though. Pregnancy gets harder and harder the older you get. Maybe if you exercise and such it's not as hard. I didn't do much exercising with Ayden (or with Cade for that matter) so I gained a lot of weight. My body is just tired. I miss my old self. I miss my old clothes. I miss being able to put on a shirt and cover my stomach. I miss having options in my wardrobe...lol. By the time I got to 8 months I stopped having any options because I was so big. I miss being able to hold my 4 yr old close to me and play with him on the floor. I miss being able to walk through a door and not hit the doorframes..lol...jk...I didn't get THAT big...but, people don't seem to have much consideration that pregnant women need a little more room to move around than they do...lol....so get out of the way!! (just kidding)


Comments
Cade, you are a big brother now!
Ayden is such a lovely name.
Hope you are settling down and enjoying it all!
PS not sure why you could not play my video. Tey it again later. :)