spare time...

I get so caught up in reading everyone else's blogs I always forget to update my own...lol.

We went to the Houston Open the other day with Marcus and Lindsey.  It was so much fun!!  We are so blessed to have friends like them.  God has truly blessed us with ALL of our friends.  Ryan said last night that God has truly given us friends that are truer (is that a word?) and more faithful than we could ever imagine.  People that truly love us and love our family.  People that would drop everything they are doing to come and sit with you at your lowest time.  What a blessing!!   Thanks guys!!!!

Anyway, Houston Open.....It was a beautiful course.  Really cool to watch (but I guess you would have to like watching golf...lol).  We had a blast.  It was a beautiful day to just go out and enjoy a day away from cell phones (you couldn't bring it in..lol), children (I left Cade with my mom), and just be together with my husband.  Just walking around.  Sound boring??  Well, it wasn't.  It was awesome.  It's been a really, REALLY long time since we've done anything together, just us, and this was a perfect day for it.  Although it wasn't a long drawn out vacation it was nice to just get away.

Hmmm...what else is going on?  

My garden did NOT get all washed away!!!  I found some of my squash still standing their ground!!  My broccoli did not make as strong of a stand, but I have more seeds...I can try again.  I need to build up my area so next time it rains the water won't overtake my poor little tender plants.  But I didn't know it would happen in the first place, so I guess I had to learn, right?  Now, I know what I need to do.  I will post pics when I get stuff straight...lol.  It's not much to see right now...lol.

I have also set up an aquarium.  My mom had a 50 gallon a long time ago and she sold it before I moved out.  I always wished she would have kept it.  It was always so relaxing to lay in front of it and watch the fish.  I read on the internet that doctors keep aquariums in their offices to help patients relieve stress.  It's interesting the way nature can do that.  When you take the time to watch birds or fish or whatever be what they are....it's relaxing!!  Anyway, mine is like 30 gallons.  I got it at a super good price and set it up about 2 weeks ago.  I have to wait till the bio filter or something gets started.  It takes like 4 weeks or so...Cade is asking every single day to put fish in and I have to keep telling him not yet, not yet, which makes me all the more frustrated...lol....only because it reminds me of my "I want it right now" mentality.  Anyone else deal with that?

Not much more to update, yet.  Not that there aren't other things going on.  

I am in prayer for all my ladies.  You guys have so much going on and so many burdens that you carry on a daily basis.  Keep sharing and we will keep praying!!

Comments

Becky said…
Hey, Jenn! Sounds like an amazing day with Ryan; looking forward to something similar next week w/Dan. We deserve it -- 18 yr anniversary!! Just popped in to say hi. That pic of the kids with Mrs. Billie is just adorable...lots of memories. Miss you guys!
Jo said…
I can not wait to see pics of the new fish. You have to get a "sucker fish" and name one of the fish BoBo LOL!! All is well over here! I am back in action! Thanks for the well wishes!

Popular Posts