Crazy Love...
I'm reading a book now called Crazy Love by Frances Chan. If you have never heard of this man you should go online and listen to one of his sermons (or you can check out this book at www.crazylovebook.com). God has truly blessed this man in the way of delivering the Word in a way I've never thought about before.
In one of the first chapters he starts off by using this phrase: "Stop Praying". Now, before you get all upset by that comment, read on.....
He says, how many times do we come to God and just jabber? We don't have anything really intelligent to say, we just talk AT God instead of stopping to recongnize who He is. Have you ever looked up to the heavens on a clear night and seen the stars? Now, I love astronomy. I have been intrigued by it since I was a kid. I love to see the images that the Hubble telescope sends back to Earth of all the galaxies, and nebulae, and black holes. Just the inifinity of space captures my attention and the beauty of God's handiwork is extraordinary. The same God who created all of that....the stars, the planets, the galaxies....the same God who made me and knows every molecule in my body and each hair on my head....the same God who made our Earth and knows each intricate detail of all creation.....that SAME God wants and DESIRES a relationship with me. Me??? I am so insignificant compared to the magnitude of His creation. I am one person....little ol' me....here in this life....I'm not even doing anything really spectacular...lol. I'm just being me for His glory. He loves me intimately, unconditionaly, perfectly. WOW!!!
Do you ever stop to marvel at God? Not just sit there and think, "Hmmm....that flower sure is pretty," or, "the grass is green because that's how God made it". No...go deeper than that. Look at the complexity of the way that a plant will draw water UP from the ground defying gravity or how a caterpillar has 228 separate and distinct muscles just in it's head or how many different types of laughter there are (wheezing, snorting, silent, loud, obnoxious) or how the trees and plants take in poisonous carbon dioxide to make oxygen. I marvel at these things because these things are truly intricately thought out details of creation.
"God's art speaks of Himself, reflecting who He is and what He is like......This is why we are called to worship Him. His art, His handiwork, and His creation all echo the truth that He is glorious. There is no other like Him. He is the King of Kings, the Beginning and the End, the One who was and is and is to come."
DON'T MISS IT......
Yes, pray continually. We are commanded to do so in 1 Thesalonians. We should pray, but maybe sometimes you could just take the time to meditate on how truly magnificent the God of creation is. Take a look around and see Him....really see HIM for who He is...the wonder that will overtake you is truly awe-inspiring.
If you need more to see than what's out your back door (some of us are still cleaning up from Ike..lol) take a look at some of these sites:
www.hubblesite.org
www.space.com


Comments