broccoli, squash, and Jesus on the Cross....

To those of you who asked...lol....NO, you didn't miss a pregnancy announcement...I am NOT pregnant...lol...I want to involve Cade in our decision to make another life.  It will definitely be a huge adjustment for him and I wanted to make sure that he understands all his little mind will understand....lol....sorry for the confusion.  He has asked every single day when Jesus is coming with his little sister....EVERY. SINGLE. DAY!!!  Maybe I shouldn't have asked till I actually was pregnant...lol.  Oh, well, at least I know where he stands when it does happen.

Anyway....


My garden is looking good.  I got it repaired after all the rain we've had.  It nearly drowned, but I salvaged most of them.  I did loose a few squash and some broccoli but most of the ones that survived are looking good.  Even thought most of you probably don't care much about gardening I am gonna share some pics anyway...lol.

This is my broccoli.  It's still really tiny and very tender.  I have built my rows up (which is something I think I forgot to do before) and they look like they are doing much better than they do in this pic.


___________________________________________________

Here's my squash.  It looks a lot better than my broccoli.  They are growing like wildfire.  I am so excited to see what happens when they make the actual vegetable.



______________________________________________________

Here is my actual garden.  You can see where I lost a few.  Again, I have since built it back up and it looks much better.  You can see all the mulch from our flower bed nearby.  All the water in the back yard made it float over...lol.


________________________________________________________


This is the last picture I am sharing today.  It is a picture Cade drew with his new Easter chalk.  I did not prompt him to draw this....he just drew it.  After he was done I asked him to explain to me what he drew.  He said, very boldly, "It's Jesus...dying on the cross".  My heart began to cry and leap at the same time....I just can't even explain to you how much I wanted to just yell at the top of my lungs how proud I was of my child in that moment.  He is three.  He is beginning to understand what Jesus did for us on the cross.  I asked him what happened to Jesus after He died on the cross and he said, "He went to Heaven with God."


Thank You, Lord, for revealing Yourself to my child at the tender age of three.  I pray You will continually show Yourself real to him every day for the rest of his life.


Comments

Heather said…
awe! I am in tears over here! What a wonderful gift on Easter to see your child understand what Jesus did for us! The faith of a child... wow! Thank you for sharing this with us! :)
Jessica said…
I'm all teared up too! That is awesome, Jenn!
Becky said…
How sweet to see your little guy with a heart tender to the Spirit! Fond memories of Benjamin at that age; he was about Cade's age when we were looking at Christmas lights and he just lit up with joy about the house that had nothing but a simple cross. Led to a great talk about the love Jesus showed us by being born...only for the purpose of dying. Sweet, sweet time!!!

Popular Posts