Ponderings....
I've been really blahh lately. Weather? Sick? Hmmm....can't really put my finger on it, but I will admit this...Cade is taking the brunt of mommy's bad moods...Poor baby. I try to make sure he is active during the day and not sitting in front of the TV and watching non-intelligent shows. We have been playing in the garage and he seems to like that so I guess we will continue there..lol. He found some punching ball balloons that I bought like last Christmas for him. They were hidden in his closet and, yep, he found 'em. "Do this, mommy" which translated means "blow this up". So I'm doing my best to blow them up...in the meantime trying not to pass out cause blowing up a balloon is obviously too much strain on my body cause I'm getting dizzy and having to sit down because I'm seeing dots....wow...hope you're not laughing at me. You go try to blow up a balloon that is bigger than your head...lol. So we had three...emphasis on HAD. They are all gone now. Cade popped two and I popped one. Boy, I'm having a hard time living that down, too...lol. He doesn't forget. He is content that I will get more for Christmas.
I am getting overwhelmed with Christmas. Which, by the way, is ridiculous because Christmas isn't about gifts and what not. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of our Saviour. Anyway, I am still getting overwhelmed. I usually try to make some of the gifts I give away, but it seems like I get wrapped up in making sure that the gifts I give say that I really thought about what I bought you. Anyone else have this obsession? I love to give things away to people...I love to give gifts. I love to think of something that someone wants and buy it and give it to them withough their knowing that I actually went out to get it. I love the expression on the face of my friend/family when they see that I took time and spent money to get something they didn't think I was listening when they said they wanted it. I truly do. But I think that when it comes to Christmas I allow myself to get meshed in with the rest of the "world". Ryan is always telling me that he hates how Christmas has become so "commercial". It's true and I totally agree with him. This is my most favorite time of the year. When I think of Christmas I think of nostalgia. You know that old way of thinking where you go to different peoples' homes every night of the week for a different party. Games. Family. Fun. Singing. That's what we always did, but with just family. It was always so much fun. But, I want Cade to grow up in a home where he knows that Christmas is not about presents. It's about Jesus and Him coming to give of Himself to the world for salvation. I want Him to know that it's more blessed to give than receive. I want to expose my children to the facts that there are people out there that have much less than us. Am I becoming just another "commercialized" person or am I focusing on the truth? Am I teaching Cade that there is more to Christmas than presents? Hmmm...thought to ponder.
I will leave with this comment from my precious two-year-old. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he said this: "castle game"----which for those of you who don't know what that is it's the Candy Land Castle Game. I said, "Yes, baby, I know you want that, but what else? Do you want anything else?" His reply floored me, "No, mommy, just castle game. Nothing else." My thought was "seriously? nothing else?" Yep, that's it. Only that one gift would make him happy for the rest of the year. LOL...easy right???
I am getting overwhelmed with Christmas. Which, by the way, is ridiculous because Christmas isn't about gifts and what not. Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of our Saviour. Anyway, I am still getting overwhelmed. I usually try to make some of the gifts I give away, but it seems like I get wrapped up in making sure that the gifts I give say that I really thought about what I bought you. Anyone else have this obsession? I love to give things away to people...I love to give gifts. I love to think of something that someone wants and buy it and give it to them withough their knowing that I actually went out to get it. I love the expression on the face of my friend/family when they see that I took time and spent money to get something they didn't think I was listening when they said they wanted it. I truly do. But I think that when it comes to Christmas I allow myself to get meshed in with the rest of the "world". Ryan is always telling me that he hates how Christmas has become so "commercial". It's true and I totally agree with him. This is my most favorite time of the year. When I think of Christmas I think of nostalgia. You know that old way of thinking where you go to different peoples' homes every night of the week for a different party. Games. Family. Fun. Singing. That's what we always did, but with just family. It was always so much fun. But, I want Cade to grow up in a home where he knows that Christmas is not about presents. It's about Jesus and Him coming to give of Himself to the world for salvation. I want Him to know that it's more blessed to give than receive. I want to expose my children to the facts that there are people out there that have much less than us. Am I becoming just another "commercialized" person or am I focusing on the truth? Am I teaching Cade that there is more to Christmas than presents? Hmmm...thought to ponder.
I will leave with this comment from my precious two-year-old. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he said this: "castle game"----which for those of you who don't know what that is it's the Candy Land Castle Game. I said, "Yes, baby, I know you want that, but what else? Do you want anything else?" His reply floored me, "No, mommy, just castle game. Nothing else." My thought was "seriously? nothing else?" Yep, that's it. Only that one gift would make him happy for the rest of the year. LOL...easy right???


Comments