disappointed...but still commanded...
Ok..ok...so I can't get comfortable with the background on my blog. I'm sure I will change it over and over and over again...there is no telling what you may find when you visit here..lol.
Yesterday's election announcement was discouraging to me. I guess there is no need in hiding that I was opposed to Obama. As I watched the progress of the votes coming in to let us know which states each candidate received I watched Obama and McCain pretty much get equal votes with Obama holding a slim lead over McCain. I was like, "it will turn at the last minute" but it never did. Oh, well..lol...whatever. Needless to say I was a little disappointed but I think we all knew in the pit of our stomaches what would happen...and it did.
Last night after singing practice I decided that I wasn't ready to go home yet. Cade was at my mom's and Ryan was home so I decided to drive around a bit and pray. I drove out to Beauxart Gardens and, since I get lost out there in the dark, I didn't go very far..lol. I wove my way around the church out there onto Viterbo road and back to S. Garden drive. As I drove and prayed I thought to myself, "God already knows who is gonna win this presidential election. He already knows and has already planned out His stuff. His return in emminent and this is just a step closer to it." No doubt I'm sure we have all heard that Christ's return is closer than ever with Obama being president...you know, all the e-mails that are going around and what not. I don't know much about anything, but this I do know: Christ's return is VERY close. Closer than it's ever been. We better be looking to the East and listening for the trumpet!! He is coming soon...
This morning I read in my quiet time 1 Peter 2:12-15. Boy, did I need to hear this...I already knew in my heart that if the candidate I chose didn't win the election I would have to be submissive to his opponent. Hmmm...God reminded me quickly of that truth with these few verses. We are to be submissive to the governing authorities...even if we disagree with them. We are to live lives that are good...God is good...living like this will "silence the foolish talk of men". People are gonna talk about our President (they did about Bush). They are gonna bad mouth him and talk "smack" about him and say what a horrible person and leader he is, but if we, as Christians, will just stand up and live our lives the way God would have us to then all that foolishness will be silenced. You may not agree with me...that's ok...makes no difference to me. I would rather live according to the Scripture than according to the words of men.
To all of my girls out there...I am praying for you and the burdens you are carrying. Each is different and most difficult. I appreciate all of you who have poured your hearts out on you blog and shared what you may be going through. If you hear nothing else from me hear this...YOU ARE NOT ALONE...You are struggling and voicing those struggles. I hear you. I'm praying for you. I love you. Don't stop laying it all out there. Don't lock up your "stuff" in a closet and turn out the light. Expose it. Deal with it. Let us help you carry your "stuff". I'm commanded by the Most High God to help carry the burdens of my brothers and sisters. Not only that...but, I want to.
kisses and hugs all around...xoxo
Yesterday's election announcement was discouraging to me. I guess there is no need in hiding that I was opposed to Obama. As I watched the progress of the votes coming in to let us know which states each candidate received I watched Obama and McCain pretty much get equal votes with Obama holding a slim lead over McCain. I was like, "it will turn at the last minute" but it never did. Oh, well..lol...whatever. Needless to say I was a little disappointed but I think we all knew in the pit of our stomaches what would happen...and it did.
Last night after singing practice I decided that I wasn't ready to go home yet. Cade was at my mom's and Ryan was home so I decided to drive around a bit and pray. I drove out to Beauxart Gardens and, since I get lost out there in the dark, I didn't go very far..lol. I wove my way around the church out there onto Viterbo road and back to S. Garden drive. As I drove and prayed I thought to myself, "God already knows who is gonna win this presidential election. He already knows and has already planned out His stuff. His return in emminent and this is just a step closer to it." No doubt I'm sure we have all heard that Christ's return is closer than ever with Obama being president...you know, all the e-mails that are going around and what not. I don't know much about anything, but this I do know: Christ's return is VERY close. Closer than it's ever been. We better be looking to the East and listening for the trumpet!! He is coming soon...
This morning I read in my quiet time 1 Peter 2:12-15. Boy, did I need to hear this...I already knew in my heart that if the candidate I chose didn't win the election I would have to be submissive to his opponent. Hmmm...God reminded me quickly of that truth with these few verses. We are to be submissive to the governing authorities...even if we disagree with them. We are to live lives that are good...God is good...living like this will "silence the foolish talk of men". People are gonna talk about our President (they did about Bush). They are gonna bad mouth him and talk "smack" about him and say what a horrible person and leader he is, but if we, as Christians, will just stand up and live our lives the way God would have us to then all that foolishness will be silenced. You may not agree with me...that's ok...makes no difference to me. I would rather live according to the Scripture than according to the words of men.
To all of my girls out there...I am praying for you and the burdens you are carrying. Each is different and most difficult. I appreciate all of you who have poured your hearts out on you blog and shared what you may be going through. If you hear nothing else from me hear this...YOU ARE NOT ALONE...You are struggling and voicing those struggles. I hear you. I'm praying for you. I love you. Don't stop laying it all out there. Don't lock up your "stuff" in a closet and turn out the light. Expose it. Deal with it. Let us help you carry your "stuff". I'm commanded by the Most High God to help carry the burdens of my brothers and sisters. Not only that...but, I want to.
kisses and hugs all around...xoxo


Comments