new family....

We visited my in-laws this past weekend. Tim, Ryan's brother, is getting married in about four weeks. The woman he has chosen to be his wife is such and incredible person. She is sweet, loving, personable, and just an all around great girl. We always thought Tim would end up getting someone pregnant when he was sixteen..lol...what a great brother and sister-in-law we were, right? Well, if you knew him way back when you would've thought that too...but, I digress...

Sarah, that's her name..lol, had a great shower. They live in a pretty small town and mom-in-law told me that showers are usually not well attended at their church...but, boy, she got a lot of stuff. She registered for simple things. No china. No crystal. No silver. Just simple, daily, usable stuff. I think that's what I like about her. She is a really down to earth kind of girl. When I called her to ask what she REALLY wanted for her home she said, "Well, we registered for china from BB&B but if I get it we will probably take it back...so I guess my coffee pot or my bathroom accessories." LOL...I was like...ok, so...great! As her sister-in-law I wanted to get them something good. You know, I wanted to get them something that when they looked at it they would be like, "yeah, Ryan and Jenn gave us that." I know, I know...that's kinda selfish and whatever...but, I want her to know that I love them and support their marriage, and usually a good gift can do that quite nicely. Now, for all of you sitting there going, "boy, she is really like selfish and just wanting all the attention," it's ok if you think that. This is my ONLY bro and sis in law. I am an only child and if I want to spoil them then I will....lol. I guess I just want them to think of us.

I haven't ever been in a wedding. I mean, I've sung but that's it. Except for my wedding I have never walked down the aisle for anyone else...and I won't for this one either. I know most of you out there are probably like, "you're not missing much" I want to do it at least once. I was offered once and turned it down...**regret**...and now I am entering a part of my life that I am just getting too old to be a bridesmaid..lol. That's ok. Anyway...enough rambling.....

Cade is awake now so I guess that ends my quiet blogging for today. I will try to post more later when I have some time to get my thoughts in order.

I love my friends and appreciate all your prayers and love and thoughts. Thanks for reading my blog and following after what God is doing in my life. I'm sure I will have the courage to stand up and do what He has called me to do soon. Right now I can't find the courage. Keep praying!!

Comments

Popular Posts