Sovereign....

Ok...so I am completely going out of my mind..lol. I am going crazy over here thinking about this storm and how it MIGHT affect me. IT HASN'T EVEN COME ASHORE YET!! I paced, and made phone calls, and worried, and seriously felt like I should be doing something. Anxiety. I know I haven't ever had an anxiety attack, but just being anxious is a terrible feeling. As I sit here and type all my feelings out and begin to look and see what I am doing God brings this to mind..."be anxious for nothing..." Yes, it said be anxious for NOTHING!! Wow...boy, am I totally doing the opposite. God, take it...I want to rest in the fact that you are sovereign.

I hope everyone is doing well...wherever you are. I miss you...hope not to be separated for long. I know that if the storm keeps on this same tracking we will probably be here in Arkansas for at least a week or so. I don't want to go home without electricity or water. As my dear friend Alison would say, "I want to be where my luxuries are" LOL...I totally agree. I just really miss my sweet, brave husband. He stayed to be at the hospital. What a noble man...staying for his job...blah...whatever. Doesn't he know I need him? But what do I need him for? I have everything I NEED here. I just want him here with me. I want him close to me. I want him to hold me and tell me it's gonna be ok. I want him to kiss me and reassure me time and again. It's selfish, but it's true. The real and true reason he is staying behind is to be someone they can count on to take care of patients when everyone else has deserted. Ultimately...to be a servant to people who wouldn't otherwise have anyone. What a guy, right? Not to mention that he gets mega brownie points for being one of the only ones to stay...but that's really beside the point..lol.

Anyway, keep praying and pray some more. God is in control whatever the outcome. I rest in that. God bless you and keep you...wherever the road has taken you.

Comments

Jessica said…
Glad to know that you and Cade are safe. I sympathize with how you are feeling about being away from your home and all your stuff. We haven't left yet, but when/if we do I will be feeling the exact same way.
I am so sorry that you are separated from Ryan! I can imagine that it is driving you abolutely nuts! But what a guy for staying, right!?

try to not worry. easier said than done.

love you!

Popular Posts