can't sleep...
Well, I should be in bed right now because I have to get up at 6 a.m. to be ready to leave by 6:30 a.m. for Houston. We have a MOPS meeting or something there and I guess I just can't turn my mind off for anything..lol..so I will just waste time here, I guess.
After reading many of my friends' blogs of whether they did or did not evacuate I decided to let you guys in on what we did. I wrote in my previous entry that I was stressing over the storm and didn't quite know what to make of how it was tracking. I'm not one of those overly analytical people who pick up the tracking charts from Market Basket and write down every coordinate when it's announced on tv (no offense if any of you do this..lol) but I do monitor every movement of the storm very carefully to see what each one of the meteorologists are predicting. As I watched Gustav make it's way toward our area I just knew this was gonna be another "Rita". It literally freaked me out..seriously. I didn't want to be here for it. As I said we had plans to go out of town for Labor Day and as far as Ryan was concerned we were gonna go ahead and go. We went to the lake with Lance, Alison, Mack, Donnie, and Ashley. We decided that we would just kind of pack up stuff and bring our important stuff in case they called for the mandatory evacuation while we were gone and we would just leave from the lake and go on up to Arkansas. So on we went. We left at about 11:30 p.m. Friday night. It wasn't a bad trip. I don't know about your kids but nighttime is a good time to travel for Cade and Mack..lol. The slept the whole way up. Alison and I rode together and Ryan and Lance rode together and Ash and Donnie followed closely behind. We had a really good time at the lake...taking in the sun, riding in the boat, cooking out, 4 wheeling...it was a really good vacation...and, of course, watching Gustav closely every moment we had free. When I heard that they were calling for the mandatory evacuation all I could think of was, "when should we leave?" I really didn't want to leave the lake, but I really, really didn't want to be in a trailer while a major storm was coming through either..lol. Anyway, the more we watched the more we saw that it was going to just skirt us so we decided on Monday to just come on home...besides, Ryan had received a call from his boss stating that he had to return to work on Tuesday and resume work as normal..so we kinda had not choice but to return. We drove home Monday afternoon before they actually lifted the mandatory evacuation for our area but ran in to no trouble returning to our home. Although there were people here who didn't evacuate, there weren't many..and seeing all the businesses all boarded up and closed was kinda weird. Snaps to all of you who stayed and decided to possibly ride out the storm. I don't think I would have been that brave..lol.
After reading many of my friends' blogs of whether they did or did not evacuate I decided to let you guys in on what we did. I wrote in my previous entry that I was stressing over the storm and didn't quite know what to make of how it was tracking. I'm not one of those overly analytical people who pick up the tracking charts from Market Basket and write down every coordinate when it's announced on tv (no offense if any of you do this..lol) but I do monitor every movement of the storm very carefully to see what each one of the meteorologists are predicting. As I watched Gustav make it's way toward our area I just knew this was gonna be another "Rita". It literally freaked me out..seriously. I didn't want to be here for it. As I said we had plans to go out of town for Labor Day and as far as Ryan was concerned we were gonna go ahead and go. We went to the lake with Lance, Alison, Mack, Donnie, and Ashley. We decided that we would just kind of pack up stuff and bring our important stuff in case they called for the mandatory evacuation while we were gone and we would just leave from the lake and go on up to Arkansas. So on we went. We left at about 11:30 p.m. Friday night. It wasn't a bad trip. I don't know about your kids but nighttime is a good time to travel for Cade and Mack..lol. The slept the whole way up. Alison and I rode together and Ryan and Lance rode together and Ash and Donnie followed closely behind. We had a really good time at the lake...taking in the sun, riding in the boat, cooking out, 4 wheeling...it was a really good vacation...and, of course, watching Gustav closely every moment we had free. When I heard that they were calling for the mandatory evacuation all I could think of was, "when should we leave?" I really didn't want to leave the lake, but I really, really didn't want to be in a trailer while a major storm was coming through either..lol. Anyway, the more we watched the more we saw that it was going to just skirt us so we decided on Monday to just come on home...besides, Ryan had received a call from his boss stating that he had to return to work on Tuesday and resume work as normal..so we kinda had not choice but to return. We drove home Monday afternoon before they actually lifted the mandatory evacuation for our area but ran in to no trouble returning to our home. Although there were people here who didn't evacuate, there weren't many..and seeing all the businesses all boarded up and closed was kinda weird. Snaps to all of you who stayed and decided to possibly ride out the storm. I don't think I would have been that brave..lol.


Comments