Off...

In my previous post I stated that I wanted to go home. LOL...Ryan called me Sunday morning about 8:15 and told me our electricity had FINALLY come on. Everyone around us had electricity already: the Dale Roberts, the Jim Johnsons, my parents, the bank down the street..lol...we were dead last...even the subdivision behind us had it and we didn't. I was like, "well at least we know now where we stand"..lol. Anyway, I came home after church on Sunday afternoon. I couldn't drive fast enough. I wanted to see Ryan so bad I could cry. Cade began to cry when we reached Evadale..lol...he knew where we were. When we turned onto Twin City Hwy he began to cry harder and the tears were just running down his face...it broke my heart to hear him say, "I want my daaadddyyy," I couldn't drive fast enough to get him to his daddy. When we arrived home he jumped up in Ryan's arms and threw his hands around his neck and, from what Ryan said, wouldn't let go. He finally had is daddy. It was a really touching moment.

Speaking of Cade...he has become a real monster since we have gotten home. He doesn't want to sleep alone in his room. He doesn't want to be dropped off in the nursery. He doesn't want to go to the potty. ALL OF THESE THINGS WERE GOING ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY BEFORE WE LEFT!!! Hurricanes really cut into kids' lives too. I guess we sometimes forget that not only do they effect me and my regular life but it also effects my children as well. Things are getting better, though. He is falling back into his regular routine...in some areas. He is getting better about going to the bathroom when he needs to instead of waiting till it's running down his leg before he tells me...lol..very frustrating. He is satisfied with me laying in bed at night for a bit and then getting up to let him fall asleep on his own...very glad of this. He still isn't quite certain he wants to be left off in the nursery or at MDO. He cries every time. In fact, tonight as I was putting him to bed I was telling him that tomorrow is school and mommy was gonna take him to play with his friends and color and have lunch then I would come pick him up. He said, "no I don't like that idea." Where did he get this??? How did he come up with that phrase? He has developed his own language and he is picking up so much I didn't even know was there..lol. Smart kid!! We'll see how he does.


All my stuff is off schedule. All my days are still mixed up. Other than that I think that things are beginning to rock back into a normal swing. Hope to begin reading my blogging friends' blogs soon. Miss them!!

Comments

MamaJ said…
Yay!! Glad you made it home! Caedmon had a rough time adjusting also! He had bad dreams every night while we were away. Then he would scream like crazy when anyone tried to hold him. The only people he let near him were our male relatives... We think he was just substituting them for Daddy. He's back to normal now, hopefully Cade will be soon also!
Jessica said…
I'm almost cried reading about you wanting to see Ryan. And then when I read about Cade's reunion with his Daddy I was so touched. so sweet! I am looking forward to having a chance to talk with you. You are on the top of my list for wise women that I know, and I have would like to chat. There is just never time.....
Ah, life...

Popular Posts