home...where everybody knows my name....

I WANT TO GO HOOOME!!!

I want to go home so bad I can almost just get in the car and go paying no mind to the fact that we STILL don't have electricity. Everyone around our house has it...the Johnson's...my mom...we are surrounded by people who are connected and we are not. It's really frustrating. I think I have been here long enough. I want my house..I want my bed..I want my S P A C E ...I want my H U S B A N D ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I am really homesick...Cade is homesick, too. I can tell in his personality. He just seems really down. I think the fun of being here has finally worn off...lol.

Anyway, enough of my belly-aching...on to something positive. Hmmm...let's see. I get to go home to house with no damage. We seriously suffered no damage from the passing hurricane. I know that there are others who suffered greatly...some who lost few things to some who lost their whole house. I read a story of a couple in Crystal Beach who rode out the storm in their tiny attic crawl space of all places. They survived to tell about their experience but aren't allowed back into their homeland until a time still not announced..lol. Sad. Seems like they should at least be able to go in and collect what little valuables they may have left. I guess we just have to trust that the authorities know better. They are concerned for the safety of their citizens and all the citizens want to do is go in, collect their things, and come back out. Seems the same way with God sometimes..."but, God, all I want to do is go over there, do this one tiny thing, and come on back"...and he tells us no. Only later do we find out why...because of the destruction waiting for us on the other side. Our tiny human minds just can't seem to fathom the all-knowing mind of Christ. Thank you, Lord, for knowing better than me.

I don't know when people will be drifting back into town. I will be trying to go back by Monday at the latest, I think. That is IF we have electricity. I hope that it doesn't take till Monday, but we'll see. I miss all my sisters so very much. This fall has not at all turned out like I thought it would..but, what do I know, right? MOPS and MDO are the two things I am missing the most right now (outside of missing Ryan so much it seriously is hurting me). I miss the teenagers. I miss my church family. I miss singing in praise team. I miss waking up in my own home. I miss dropping Cade off to his friends in Sunday School. I miss being in Port Neches. I miss drinking coffee in my PJs in the mornings. I miss taking naps on my couch. I miss hearing Cade playing in his room. All small things, but I really miss my life in Mid-County.

Here's to hoping you are doing better than me..lol. Pray for me. I will continue praying for you. xoxo...xoxo

Comments

MamaJ said…
I feel you! My kids are going crazy, ready to get back home. Poor little Caedmon is so sad, he keeps saying, "Wanna go hooome..." We hope to be on the road by Wednesday or Thursday. See you soon!
Mom2Mcube said…
Sorry to hear you guys do not have electricity, yet. Ours came back on Friday, and we got in late Friday nite. Our house looks fine. We just have some HUGE branches down in the yard, which I have signed up to have some of the men at church cut them up.

I hope you guys are able to come home soon.

Popular Posts