Ike...
Ike came ashore in Galveston on Friday night. I'm not gonna lie...I was worried. I prayed, paced, prayed, texted, prayed, called, paced...lol...I felt like I needed to do something just to keep my mind off of all the things that were going to happen to Ryan, to my home, to our community, to our county. I just couldn't keep my mind clear of Ike and his repercussions. Well, here he was in all his windyness. He came ashore in Galveston...a city steeped in very interesting history (you should seriously check it out...very, very interesting). They have been seen their fair share of hurricanes and I knew that the city would endure, but I was not prepared for the aftermath...pictures of homes destroyed, piers that I once knew and walked along...gone...I just couldn't believe it. My eyes have never seen desecration like this in my life. When Rita came through I saw many trees on homes and things of that nature, but never a whole house or building just SIMPLY GONE. Orange county is under water, again, something I have never seen in all my days...I am used to hurricanes coming and going, but the flooding and such hitting this close to my hometown was really scary. I praise God that it wasn't worse. My home weathered the storm well. We had little to no damage at all, which is not the case with everyone. I know of a few homes that were damaged: Donnie and Ashley have damage inside their home from the chimney blowing off, my beloved church HBC has some damage (I'm not quite sure exactly how much so I won't type what I have heard), my parents have a small tree or giant limb on their house (again, not sure how much damage so I won't speculate). This was bad, but it could have been much worse. I know the power is still out. Ryan emptied our fridge today so I know I won't have to replace that..lol...but he won't be able to go home for a few days due to gas being scarce. We still have running water from what I understand...not sure about the sewage system. So much uncertainty causes me to wonder just how long I will be in Arkansas. As much as I don't want to return home until I have resources to care for a toddler, I want to return home so much because it's my home. I could be helping. I could be doing something...SOMETHING. But for now I will remain where I am due to the orders of my sweet protective husband. He is there and I am here. He knows the conditions and I don't.
I will continue to pray for each of you that God will sustain you where you are. I will also continue to pray for those that did not weather the storm as well. Leave comments on what you may have heard or what you have found out. I am following the information closely through http://www.kfdm.com/ and http://www.setinfo.org. From what I have discovered they are giving out the most up-to-date press releases available. If you haven't seen pictures or anything log on and look at the videos of our area. Pretty informative.
That's all I have for now. Talk more soon. Hope that wherever you are you have found a computer to update on your current situations. Can't wait to hear from SOMEONE!!! LOL
I will continue to pray for each of you that God will sustain you where you are. I will also continue to pray for those that did not weather the storm as well. Leave comments on what you may have heard or what you have found out. I am following the information closely through http://www.kfdm.com/ and http://www.setinfo.org. From what I have discovered they are giving out the most up-to-date press releases available. If you haven't seen pictures or anything log on and look at the videos of our area. Pretty informative.
That's all I have for now. Talk more soon. Hope that wherever you are you have found a computer to update on your current situations. Can't wait to hear from SOMEONE!!! LOL


Comments