where I stand...

Wednesday night as I sat in church (knowing, by the way, that we would be talking about the building program ideas) I was saddened. I don't know where you all stand on the building project...at this point it really doesn't matter. I know where I stand and I know where God is leading me...so please don't be offended by what I have to say.

I had received an e-mail the day of the business meeting from a close friend asking us to be in prayer for the meeting. I know there has been much controversy over whether our church should build or not build or whether we should just use the resources we have raised thus far to build what we can without going into debt. Many issues and opinions were tossed around...many things that I hadn't thought of that swayed my opinion from one side to somewhere in between. I can't say that I really, truly enjoyed being in the meeting...it was really nasty if you want the truth. Anyway, Ryan and I got to talking later that night. He asked an interesting question: "What are we really doing? Are we just trying to get our way?" IT'S NOT ABOUT US!! IT'S NOT ABOUT ME!! It doesn't matter if this is something I want or don't want. What matters is what God wants. Whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant. This is the place where God has me planted. I want to glorify Him in what He wants for us to do. I want to support HIS ministries here.

So, anyway, we are to vote on this on Sunday. More meeting and talking and hashing on Wednesday night, though...argh!! At this point all I can ask anyone to do is pray. Pray about what God would have YOU do.

Comments

melanie said…
Jenn, I'm just like you in a way. I went in thinking I knew where I stood, but then sat there listening to one person after another thinking "hey, that's a good point" and "hey, that's something I hadn't thought about." Definitely pray. And then pray some more. I don't want this to be a divisive issue for our church! :(

Popular Posts