temptation...
James 1:12-15 "When tempted, no one should say, 'God is tempting me.' For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire is conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."
My Open Windows has a very interesting sentence contained in the Bible study I read today. It says this: "Satan throws the obstacles of human weakness, the lures of temptation, grief, disappointment, and life's painful experiences to sidetrack Christians off the course."
I have to say I agree with this statement. Over the past couple of weeks our church has endured much deliberation over whether or not to build this children's education building. Questions, comments, opinions...it's almost too much to bear...too much to even think about. Sadness envelopes my heart because I find little unity in our congregation. Later on, more thinking and happenings lead me to this thought: Is our church just big fat under attack??? I think so...according to verse 14 we are each tempted and since we are all human and have evil tendencies lurking inside of us, we give in to those evil desires (even though we have been delivered from them) and allow them to give birth to sin. We are attacking our own body...we are attacking each other (only my opinion by the way). Not only this I find myself inwardly struggling to free myself of bitterness and anger. I see people I love being injured by words and actions. I begin to allow myself to be angry and allow myself to form an unmerciful shell around my heart and mind against certain people. I am giving Satan a foothold in my heart...I am giving in to the one thing I am trying desperately to rid myself of....BITTERNESS...satan knows this and is using it against me...the funny and weird thing is....I am letting him!! Why do I do this???
Well, I know that God is huge...He is much bigger than my problems and much bigger than any question or issue that I could present Him with. I know we each have our own opinions and our own preferences...but, in the infamous words uttered several years ago..."can't we all just get along?" Can't we all just choose to agree to disagree...and put that aside long enough to learn to love each other? Please leave comments...negative or positive...I want to hear thoughts and I need encouragement!!!
Love to you all!!! xoxo
My Open Windows has a very interesting sentence contained in the Bible study I read today. It says this: "Satan throws the obstacles of human weakness, the lures of temptation, grief, disappointment, and life's painful experiences to sidetrack Christians off the course."
I have to say I agree with this statement. Over the past couple of weeks our church has endured much deliberation over whether or not to build this children's education building. Questions, comments, opinions...it's almost too much to bear...too much to even think about. Sadness envelopes my heart because I find little unity in our congregation. Later on, more thinking and happenings lead me to this thought: Is our church just big fat under attack??? I think so...according to verse 14 we are each tempted and since we are all human and have evil tendencies lurking inside of us, we give in to those evil desires (even though we have been delivered from them) and allow them to give birth to sin. We are attacking our own body...we are attacking each other (only my opinion by the way). Not only this I find myself inwardly struggling to free myself of bitterness and anger. I see people I love being injured by words and actions. I begin to allow myself to be angry and allow myself to form an unmerciful shell around my heart and mind against certain people. I am giving Satan a foothold in my heart...I am giving in to the one thing I am trying desperately to rid myself of....BITTERNESS...satan knows this and is using it against me...the funny and weird thing is....I am letting him!! Why do I do this???
Well, I know that God is huge...He is much bigger than my problems and much bigger than any question or issue that I could present Him with. I know we each have our own opinions and our own preferences...but, in the infamous words uttered several years ago..."can't we all just get along?" Can't we all just choose to agree to disagree...and put that aside long enough to learn to love each other? Please leave comments...negative or positive...I want to hear thoughts and I need encouragement!!!
Love to you all!!! xoxo


Comments