stressing...
I don't know about you...but, I am a stresser-outer..lol. We are sitting here in our "arpit" of Texas waiting for the inevitable to happen. We are like a magnet drawing in every storm imaginable from the Big Brown...as I lovingly refer to our great Gulf of Mexico. Right now it's Gustav...which is only a tropical storm, but by the time it reaches the Gulf it is projected to EXPLODE into a catastrophic hurricane...from what the scary meteorologists keep saying..."get prepared!!!" It's so frustrating to me. I'm like, "come on...get here already so I can quit worrying about this storm that may or may not hit us...come closer so we can put to rest the 'mob mentality' that everyone is taking on with water flying off the shelves and gas running out at the pumps." I know, I know...since "Rita" everyone is really freaked out that the same thing will happen again...but the great question is this: if we live here in hurricane central shouldn't we have already been prepared? Shouldn't we stay prepared? Why do we all continue to wait till the last minute to buy up all the water we can find and leave nothing out there for anyone else? It's a huge unanswerable question I suppose...
Anyway, on to my stress....I am an only child...my sweet, obsessive mother is worried about me. She begins to worry about me and my child and my husband before there is ever even a need to worry..lol. After the last time we had to evacuate everyone came up with a plan. Cade and I would go to Arkansas to be with the Tuckers...Ryan has signed up to stay here at the hospital...woopie **sense the sarcasm**...my mom and dad and her parents and his parents are going to Austin because my mother works for a credit union and is on the "first responders" team or something to help run the CU in case of emergencies and that's where they send her. Everyone else really can take care of themselves. So now we have our plans....we all know where we are going...so now what? All we can do is wait....wait for what may or may not pan out...ARGHHH!!! Frustration.
It's Labor Day weekned, and, you see, we are planning a trip to the lake...which we never get to do. We hardly ever get to REALLY get away for a weekend because of commitments that we have here in town, so when we plan to get away we usually look forward to it with great intensity. I don't want anything to cut our trip short...least of all a storm. I guess I'm just selfish. I guess I'm just human....the old sin nature pops its head up from time to time and causes me to stumble...causes me to take my eyes of the author and perfector of my faith. Wow...it's funny how God speaks to you when you don't even realize it....when you don't even realize He was trying to get your attention..."Hey you!! Quit worrying...don't you know I already know?? Don't you trust me?" Wow...I just got it.
Anyway, on to my stress....I am an only child...my sweet, obsessive mother is worried about me. She begins to worry about me and my child and my husband before there is ever even a need to worry..lol. After the last time we had to evacuate everyone came up with a plan. Cade and I would go to Arkansas to be with the Tuckers...Ryan has signed up to stay here at the hospital...woopie **sense the sarcasm**...my mom and dad and her parents and his parents are going to Austin because my mother works for a credit union and is on the "first responders" team or something to help run the CU in case of emergencies and that's where they send her. Everyone else really can take care of themselves. So now we have our plans....we all know where we are going...so now what? All we can do is wait....wait for what may or may not pan out...ARGHHH!!! Frustration.
It's Labor Day weekned, and, you see, we are planning a trip to the lake...which we never get to do. We hardly ever get to REALLY get away for a weekend because of commitments that we have here in town, so when we plan to get away we usually look forward to it with great intensity. I don't want anything to cut our trip short...least of all a storm. I guess I'm just selfish. I guess I'm just human....the old sin nature pops its head up from time to time and causes me to stumble...causes me to take my eyes of the author and perfector of my faith. Wow...it's funny how God speaks to you when you don't even realize it....when you don't even realize He was trying to get your attention..."Hey you!! Quit worrying...don't you know I already know?? Don't you trust me?" Wow...I just got it.


Comments