stuck...
Well, I went with the youth on a trip to New Braunfels and San Antonio. We left Monday and returned Tuesday evening. It was a whirlwind trip but...lol...well worth the time!!
First of all...we left at 5 a.m. on Monday morning and drove to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels. If you have never been there I strongly suggest that you go at least once in your life. They have three parks there (2 chlorinated and 1 with water from the river...very cold water!!). Anyway, so we drove and drove and drove..lol. When we arrived we were like, "cool!!! there is no one else here!! We are first in the parking lot as well as NO LINES!!" Little did we know that they had closed the old park--that is where we were gonna park (schlitterbahn west)--because of a storm that was coming in. The staff re-directed all the people to the other park (schlitterbahn east)--which is the chlorinated park. If you don't know or have never been, the "old" park is the BEST park. The water from the river is pumped into all the chutes and slides and, let's face it, is just more fun. Anyway, they made us all hang out at the other park which is all chlorinated and that is usually where all the "younger" people hang out...lol...a.k.a. teenagers!! So, we were really bummed about the park being closed but decided to try to make the best of a kind of bad situation. So we hung around in a huge group of people...mostly all adults and a few youth..lol...we always have a blast together. We decided to go on a slide called the "dragon blaster". Well, it used to be called the dragon blaster...they changed some stuff up about it and now it's called something else I can't remember right now...same slide...different name...anyway, up we go. At the very top of the slide we (me and Iris..it's a two man ride on a tube) are coming out of a tunnel and see all these people stacked up on each other..lol. I was like, "GO!!!!" They were like, "we can't!!!" LOL...it was really a sight!! Anyway, someone had flipped off their tube (names are kept annonymous..lol) and stopped up all the other riders. As we were all yelling at the lifeguard (who saw us all stranded there at the top of the ride--he sooo got fired!!) all he is doing is blowing his whistle and telling us to go on and stop holding up the ride...like we were really trying to get in trouble...come on!! They FINALLY stopped the water from pushing us into each other and came and got us off the ride. There were 11...that's right...I said 11, people stuck up on top of this ride....11 people and 7 tubes. As the guy came and got us off the slide we asked him if this had ever happened before he said, "not with this many people." That's right!!! HBC made the history books for the most people stuck on the top of a ride at Schlitterbahn waterparks New Braunfels. I know you are probably laughing right now...and that's cool. It was really funny...but not in the moment...lol.
On to Sea World. It's been 10 years since I've been to Sea World. The last time I was there was right after Ryan and I were married. Oh...did I mention that today is my anniversary? LOL...well it is...10 years I've been married. August 22, 1998. Does anyone even remember 1998? Well I do...lol...vividly. Anyway, the rest of the trip was great. No more slip ups...no more getting stuck on a ride...lol. Just good, clean fun.
Tonight Ryan and I are going to send Cade to my mom's and just enjoy each other's company. We are gonna drive to Kemah and eat and hang out for a while without worrying about another person who may or may not be running off the wharf trying to chase a boat or worrying if the boat is gonna blow it's horn and be too loud. I love my son...so much...I want another child...so much...but tonight it's all about Ryan and Jenn....10 years...
First of all...we left at 5 a.m. on Monday morning and drove to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels. If you have never been there I strongly suggest that you go at least once in your life. They have three parks there (2 chlorinated and 1 with water from the river...very cold water!!). Anyway, so we drove and drove and drove..lol. When we arrived we were like, "cool!!! there is no one else here!! We are first in the parking lot as well as NO LINES!!" Little did we know that they had closed the old park--that is where we were gonna park (schlitterbahn west)--because of a storm that was coming in. The staff re-directed all the people to the other park (schlitterbahn east)--which is the chlorinated park. If you don't know or have never been, the "old" park is the BEST park. The water from the river is pumped into all the chutes and slides and, let's face it, is just more fun. Anyway, they made us all hang out at the other park which is all chlorinated and that is usually where all the "younger" people hang out...lol...a.k.a. teenagers!! So, we were really bummed about the park being closed but decided to try to make the best of a kind of bad situation. So we hung around in a huge group of people...mostly all adults and a few youth..lol...we always have a blast together. We decided to go on a slide called the "dragon blaster". Well, it used to be called the dragon blaster...they changed some stuff up about it and now it's called something else I can't remember right now...same slide...different name...anyway, up we go. At the very top of the slide we (me and Iris..it's a two man ride on a tube) are coming out of a tunnel and see all these people stacked up on each other..lol. I was like, "GO!!!!" They were like, "we can't!!!" LOL...it was really a sight!! Anyway, someone had flipped off their tube (names are kept annonymous..lol) and stopped up all the other riders. As we were all yelling at the lifeguard (who saw us all stranded there at the top of the ride--he sooo got fired!!) all he is doing is blowing his whistle and telling us to go on and stop holding up the ride...like we were really trying to get in trouble...come on!! They FINALLY stopped the water from pushing us into each other and came and got us off the ride. There were 11...that's right...I said 11, people stuck up on top of this ride....11 people and 7 tubes. As the guy came and got us off the slide we asked him if this had ever happened before he said, "not with this many people." That's right!!! HBC made the history books for the most people stuck on the top of a ride at Schlitterbahn waterparks New Braunfels. I know you are probably laughing right now...and that's cool. It was really funny...but not in the moment...lol.
On to Sea World. It's been 10 years since I've been to Sea World. The last time I was there was right after Ryan and I were married. Oh...did I mention that today is my anniversary? LOL...well it is...10 years I've been married. August 22, 1998. Does anyone even remember 1998? Well I do...lol...vividly. Anyway, the rest of the trip was great. No more slip ups...no more getting stuck on a ride...lol. Just good, clean fun.
Tonight Ryan and I are going to send Cade to my mom's and just enjoy each other's company. We are gonna drive to Kemah and eat and hang out for a while without worrying about another person who may or may not be running off the wharf trying to chase a boat or worrying if the boat is gonna blow it's horn and be too loud. I love my son...so much...I want another child...so much...but tonight it's all about Ryan and Jenn....10 years...


Comments
oh, and i vividly remember your wedding day. I was moving in to ETBU as a freshman, and a certain someone that was helping me move was supposed to be an usher in your wedding. haha! anyway, i'll never forget that weekend.
love you both! and i hopet that you have a wonderful evening.