school...
ok...ok...lol...Look as if everyone has decided to look at all the "cutest blog on the block" layouts and we each have chosen one that best describes our blog. I'm so glad that you have taken the wheel and gone out and "cuted" up your blog..lol...BUT!! I can't take the credit...Lindsey was the first one and after I looked at hers I just had to have one...then the next person then the next person..lol. They all look great!!! GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!
Hmmm....so seems as if everyone who has kids has started school. I actually don't have a child old enough to be in public school yet so I don't know what it really, technically feels like to hurry out and fight all the crowds on "TAX FREE" weekend to buy shoes and jeans and shirts that will eventually wear out by the middle of the year or maybe not even be in style anymore by the time they reach the front doors, or receive the school supply list and try to fight all the people in every store to find just the right number of folders/notebooks/spirals that each child will need for whatever subject they may or may not use it for..lol, or watch anxiously as my little one marches off to his very first day of school without mommy by his side because, of course, that would be embarassing!! lol....all of these little things are things that, I'm sure, I will gripe about when the time comes..lol...but, also they are things that I remember as a child as being so exciting and fun. It's fun to get new stuff...and somewhere along the way I developed a love for new office supplies. I'm not really sure if it's the smell of new pencils or the feel of the new folders or what....and under your laughs at my expense you are probably thinking the same things..lol. I guess maybe the smells created a memory...a little slot in my mind about how much I enjoyed the first days of school. I really did!! Anyway, I hope that my son enjoys school as much as I did and I hope that when it is his turn to begin his learning adventure that he will soak up every opportunity to learn something new.
Just a little extra I wanted to share....I saw a commercial by Wal Mart or somewhere that showed a mom who was like, "I can't go there with her but I can give her the tools to get her through," or something...and when the little girl got to lunch and opened up her lunch box she looks down at her hand and remembered that her mom had drawn a heart on her palm...the little girl smiles as she thinks of her mother and it was the sweetest thing. I pray that I'm the mother who will do small things like this for my children to remind them that I love them and that I think of them always.
Hmmm....so seems as if everyone who has kids has started school. I actually don't have a child old enough to be in public school yet so I don't know what it really, technically feels like to hurry out and fight all the crowds on "TAX FREE" weekend to buy shoes and jeans and shirts that will eventually wear out by the middle of the year or maybe not even be in style anymore by the time they reach the front doors, or receive the school supply list and try to fight all the people in every store to find just the right number of folders/notebooks/spirals that each child will need for whatever subject they may or may not use it for..lol, or watch anxiously as my little one marches off to his very first day of school without mommy by his side because, of course, that would be embarassing!! lol....all of these little things are things that, I'm sure, I will gripe about when the time comes..lol...but, also they are things that I remember as a child as being so exciting and fun. It's fun to get new stuff...and somewhere along the way I developed a love for new office supplies. I'm not really sure if it's the smell of new pencils or the feel of the new folders or what....and under your laughs at my expense you are probably thinking the same things..lol. I guess maybe the smells created a memory...a little slot in my mind about how much I enjoyed the first days of school. I really did!! Anyway, I hope that my son enjoys school as much as I did and I hope that when it is his turn to begin his learning adventure that he will soak up every opportunity to learn something new.
Just a little extra I wanted to share....I saw a commercial by Wal Mart or somewhere that showed a mom who was like, "I can't go there with her but I can give her the tools to get her through," or something...and when the little girl got to lunch and opened up her lunch box she looks down at her hand and remembered that her mom had drawn a heart on her palm...the little girl smiles as she thinks of her mother and it was the sweetest thing. I pray that I'm the mother who will do small things like this for my children to remind them that I love them and that I think of them always.

Comments