Possibility....

Things they are a changin here in the Tucker household.

We recently visited Monroe, LA to see the area and visit with their pastor and search team (if you are a little behind, we are being considered for the youth/college minister position for their church). The area was really nice...nicer than I imagined. When I think of Louisiana I don't think "Nederland/Port Neches". I feel like we live in a fairly nice area (except for all the refineries). The church was really nice...really big. It sits on an entire downtown city block. It's four stories and runs a typical attendance for a First Baptist Church. The congregation is very diverse and has potential to grow. The neighborhoods are nice...the town is VERY spread out. I would definitely need a TomTom or some sort of directional device to get around town. I am severely directionally challenged...lol. However, I love our neighborhood and our home. I love my church and my church family. Our friends are the best and closest to family as they can be. We have been through many hard times and joyous times together. It pains me to think that I may have to leave my family. I am an only child and have the only grandchildren my parents will ever have. I love my parents so much and I'm really, REALLY close with my mom. They have been so supportive, though, through all this POSSIBILITY.

Why go through all this descriptive positive and negative? Well, we received a phone call last night from the search team leader stating that they would like us to visit again IN VIEW OF A CALL. That's right. You read that right...IN VIEW OF A CALL.

I'm a little taken aback by all this. It's all happening so quickly. Ryan just surrendered to ministry this past summer..lol. He doesn't even have any seminary education or any vocational experience in a church for crying out loud!!! But, here we are....in God's Hands. He is saying, "You know, all I've been waiting for is for you to just surrender." My spirit is excited but my flesh is scared. We are entering uncharted territory. I know that the Lord will provide for us and take care of us. I know that we will make new friends and my children will be loved there like they are loved here. I know that God will help us get our house sold and get a new one bought. I know that we will not go without anything we need/want. But, I suppose there is the fear of the unknown. The whats, whens, whys, and hows of everything are, of course, on my mind. But, on the top of all these "fears" I am extremely excited to see how God is going to work and what this may be a step toward. He is about to do something amazing in our lives and in the life of FBC Monroe...not because will be doing anything spectacularly wonderful there, but because He is at work, and we will be privileged to just be a part of it.

Continue to pray for us. I know, I know...everyone here at HBC is praying that God has other plans for us and that they don't want us to go, but think broader...If we don't go, what is that saying of our trust in God? How can we stand here with Him and not be moved by Him? How can we be called and not go? If anyone else were in our position they wouldn't hesitate to do what they have been called to do. We cannot NOT do this. It is our calling. I so want to be where God wants me to be...there is no safer place.

Comments

Jo said…
Hey, good to hear from you and read a new post. Sounds like you guys are ready for a bright new future. Remember, the world is so much bigger than Southeast Texas. And, if it didn't work out like you hoped then you can ALWAYS move home. You would just dust yourself off, learn from the experience and go home. God has great things for you. I will be praying that you make the right decision and that God will guide you. Either way, God will use your precious family. : )
The Kyler said…
I think it is exciting to see ALL the answers to prayers in all of our lives!!! Our lives are all changing in some way or another. You know that a move to Monroe will not change our friendships. Y'all are our family and I am excited to see God move in your lives, even if that takes you away from us! It will all work out!

Popular Posts