I'm beginning to adjust...and feeling much better...
The longer I am home with two, yes, that's two, children..lol...the more I am beginning to adjust to this thing I call my life. I am still not sleeping a whole lot but at least I am getting two hours at a time which is better than just 45 min or an hour...lol. So, I'm feeling much better, thank you.
Today my 4 yr old had to get his 4 yr shots. I explained to him that we were going to the Dr. for a check up and the Dr. was gonna look in his eyes, ears, and tickle his tummy and look in his mouth. He was super agreeable to go and do just what he was supposed to do. He marched in stepped on the scale, did an eye chart exam and got his blood pressure taken. He was such a big boy. I didn't tell him, however, that shots were involved. I asked my husband to come over and hold Cade down while they gave him the shots. I took him to the Minute Clinic in the early winter to have a flu shot and couldn't hardly keep him still so I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it this time. I could tell when they poked him...and I heard his cry. Broke my heart (I was in the lobby). Anyway, he was a trooper. Now, he is walking around with stiff legs and saying how sore they are and "the band aids are still there".
Today my 4 yr old had to get his 4 yr shots. I explained to him that we were going to the Dr. for a check up and the Dr. was gonna look in his eyes, ears, and tickle his tummy and look in his mouth. He was super agreeable to go and do just what he was supposed to do. He marched in stepped on the scale, did an eye chart exam and got his blood pressure taken. He was such a big boy. I didn't tell him, however, that shots were involved. I asked my husband to come over and hold Cade down while they gave him the shots. I took him to the Minute Clinic in the early winter to have a flu shot and couldn't hardly keep him still so I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it this time. I could tell when they poked him...and I heard his cry. Broke my heart (I was in the lobby). Anyway, he was a trooper. Now, he is walking around with stiff legs and saying how sore they are and "the band aids are still there".


Comments
I'm glad you are adjusting well. It just takes time to let our bodies heal and adjust to the new life. You just don't realize how amazingly well you are doing. Getting out and about to church in two weeks?!!! You're makin' all those other young mommas look bad! lol
I hope you'll be ready to come to MOPS soon. We miss you!