just a vent....
What is it with pacifiers that make you just want to wish you had never bothered using one? LOL...I have been using a pacifier (a NUK as we call it here in our house) since Ayden was born. "They" say not to use them till they are at least 4 weeks old because of whatever reason, but the hospital gave us one and I used it on day 2...lol.
Now, I sort of wish I never did. Every time the stupid thing falls out of his mouth he wakes up. Ayden could be sleeping for a good 30 to 45 minutes and it fall out and he is AWAKE!! Very annoying. I really don't understand it at all. Cade never did this...but, I also know each child is different. And, while I'm venting a little frustration, Ayden HATES to be rocked to sleep..lol. What child doesn't want to be cuddled to sleep? Well, this one does NOT want to be rocked. I miss this with him. And he fights sleeping all he can....screaming and crying whenever he gets tired...not every time, but mostly at night now that he is aware that it bedtime and dark.
Anyway, I am seriously looking forward to month three so maybe he will find his thumb. Cade is a thumb sucker and I'm hoping Ayden will be too. It's probably harder to break them of this habit, but I love it so much more than trying to keep a NUK close...especially in the car or in the bed. The thumb is always around...hooked onto their bodies...ready at a moment's notice.
Is there some sort of secret I'm missing as to keeping this thing in his mouth? I obviously would not tie the thing onto his head..lol...although the thought has crossed my mind. I know I just have to keep walking into his room and placing it back into his mouth every 5 minutes. But, if there is some sort of secret...PLEASE...let me in on it...lol.
Now, I sort of wish I never did. Every time the stupid thing falls out of his mouth he wakes up. Ayden could be sleeping for a good 30 to 45 minutes and it fall out and he is AWAKE!! Very annoying. I really don't understand it at all. Cade never did this...but, I also know each child is different. And, while I'm venting a little frustration, Ayden HATES to be rocked to sleep..lol. What child doesn't want to be cuddled to sleep? Well, this one does NOT want to be rocked. I miss this with him. And he fights sleeping all he can....screaming and crying whenever he gets tired...not every time, but mostly at night now that he is aware that it bedtime and dark.
Anyway, I am seriously looking forward to month three so maybe he will find his thumb. Cade is a thumb sucker and I'm hoping Ayden will be too. It's probably harder to break them of this habit, but I love it so much more than trying to keep a NUK close...especially in the car or in the bed. The thumb is always around...hooked onto their bodies...ready at a moment's notice.
Is there some sort of secret I'm missing as to keeping this thing in his mouth? I obviously would not tie the thing onto his head..lol...although the thought has crossed my mind. I know I just have to keep walking into his room and placing it back into his mouth every 5 minutes. But, if there is some sort of secret...PLEASE...let me in on it...lol.


Comments