Where is God??
I have wondered when my little man would begin asking questions about God and what I would say in those moments when I try to explain something to him that he won't understand..lol. Well, today, at the lunch table, Cade was noticing the flower arrangement I have sitting on the table. His sweet comment was, "I like those flowers, mommy."
I said, "Me too, baby, aren't they pretty?"
"Yes," he said. "God made those flowers."
I said, "You're absolutely right. God did make the flowers."
He said, "Yeah, you're right." His next question caught me off guard a little..lol. "Where is God?" Cade is three. He is beginning to understand that God is real and that He has created him and made the things that are all around him. It is so cool to know that he is beginning to think and his little mind is coming up with questions and learning about who God is.
So, I said, "God is in heaven."
His next questions was a little deeper, "Where is heaven?"
Now, how do you explain to a three year old where heaven is? LOL...So, I said, "Heaven is up higher than we can see." Then, Ryan threw in, "It's past the stars." I thought that was pretty acceptable...a good answer for a three year old mind. Well, not so much..lol.
"Where is Heaven?" again, with this same question. I repeated my former answer to him and he was ok with that response.
"Ok," he said and went on to finish his lunch. Later on, after church that evening, he was sitting in Ryan's lap and watching Dirty Jobs (we LOVE this show...sometimes they run marathons on discovery channel)...anyway, he is sitting there on his lap and just totally comes out with this random comment, "God made my mouth. God made my mouth so I can talk." I am so impressed with my child. He is learning and discovering who God is and how He has created him and made stuff and I pray daily that Cade will come into a relationship with his Savior at an early age. I'm so excited to see how God will move in Cade's life and watch how he will respond to his Creator's voice when the time is right.
I keep a box of prayers that I have written down that I pray for Cade. When I am older and Cade is older and the time comes when I have to release him into the world and allow him to go into the world to do the work God has called him to I will remember those prayers that I have prayed for him. I will remember the prayers that I have prayed for him to go and do what God calls him to with all his might. I will also pray that I will be able to release my son into God's care and know that the Hands of his Creator hold him with more love and more protection than I could ever give him. What an incredible crossroads, right?
***By the way...we got all our i-tunes and stuff transferred over to our new computer. Yes, it was a lot of work and yes, I lost a few things, but all the important things got moved successfully!! All in all I have to give all the credit to my husband who worked really hard to get everything moved over. Don't ask how he did it..lol...I have no idea..lol***


Comments
Cade is so precious. We were talking in Puggles last night about how God made animals and he was very adamant that God made cows. We were listing animals and he was very concerned that we might leave out cows. It was very cute!
And, it is so neat when your children start asking those deep questions about God. What precious memories!
Also, we had a really great time the other night too! i am excited about hanging out again sometime!
and last, but not least....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of cade, lynsea, and billie playing the organ! isn't mrs. billie awesome!!! she let luke play the organ with her at treyson's funeral and that is something that deeply touched my heart. she is the best. very very cute picture. priceless! love you!
Also, thanks for thinking I am a great mom! I will always take those encouraging words. You know how it is, you just try and do the best you can. I know from your blog you are also an amazing mom!!