P90X....

So, yesterday Ryan and I started this workout thing called P90X.  Anyone ever heard of it?  Well, if you haven't let me just tell you...it's super hard...lol.  I thought I was kinda in shape     ("pear" is a shape, right?)     but this completely proved me wrong.  Last night was our first night and when it was over I was sooooo tired.  I thought to myself, "I hope it gets easier,"....which Ryan tells me it will as we get stronger.  The stuff he is doing on the video is not HARD stuff to do...it's just incorporating weights and movements I'm not typically used to.  If you had been sitting in our living room last night you would've gotten a good laugh...we'll leave it at that...lol.

Anyway, MDO is going well.  God is opening doors and literally bringing the children to me.  It's truly incredible.  I have a long road ahead of me, though, and lots of work coming my way so keep praying for me.  I occasionally take my eyes off Jesus and see the waves crashing in around me and instantly begin to sink under the expectations that are put on me, but when I place my eyes back on Him and allow Him to pull me out of the mess He shows me that He is the One taking care of all the "stuff" and I need not worry.  I need to "let go and let God".  This is a familiar phrase to me and I'm just now learning just how to do it.

Hmmm....well, I think the only other thing to post would be this.  I was sitting in my living room this morning and I heard this noise coming from Cade's room.  It sounded like a ripping noise...like he was ripping paper or something.  I'm not quite sure why I waited so long to go into his room to see what he was up to, but when I finally did I saw that he was ripping all the border off of his wall.  The border above the chair-rail is a vinyl sticker type stuff that has "CARS" stuff on it.  Really cute for him.  He had taken in all down.  When I walked into his room and saw what he had done I was instantly angry but also a little amused..lol.  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  I asked him, "what possessed you to do something like this?"  His reply was this..."I don't know".  LOL...what do you mean you don't know?  How could you not know?  As I picked up all the mess and proceeded to untangle the sticky blob and straighten it out to put it back up I was thinking to myself..."how many times has God asked me the same question when He finds me surrounded by the messes I have made?  How many times has He asked me what would possess me to take it upon myself to redecorate my life and how many times have I given that same reply...'I don't know'?"  Too many to count.  I know that having a child teaches you so much that you didn't know about yourself...and, oh, am I ever learning.

Comments

MamaJ said…
Oh yes! Been there! We had a cute cowboy theme in Xav's room, and right before we go to try and sell our house....he ripped all the horse border off his wall! He just sat right in his bed and tore away at it!
Good spiritual analogy, tho!

Popular Posts