making fire....it's harder than it seems...

Making fire is hard..lol.  My mom and dad bought us a fire pit/box thing for outside.  I love to sit by it and just look at the starts and think of all the things I don't know about astronomy.  I would love to learn but can't seem to find the time to study up..lol...go figure, right?  Anyway, so we moved to our house last February and have a fire place that has a gas line to it and make fires all the time.  That's easy.  I went outside today cause Cade wanted to be outside and play so I was like, "cool, it's a nice day and kinda cool so I will just make me a little fire in my nifty little fire pit and just enjoy being outside and stay warm at the same time..lol...WRONG...well, actually I did get it started, but it was hard..lol.  I know enough about fire to make sure that it is able to breathe and that it needs to be somewhat stacked or whatever, but actually getting it going...well, that's the hard part..lol.  I've seen Ryan make fire enough to know I need kindling and small pieces of wood to catch and get it going.  I did that like three times..lol.  I used lint from our dryer and small pieces of wood that Ryan has gotten from somewhere.....I think he got most of our wood and wood pieces from trees that he helped cut down after Ike.  Anyway, so I'm trying to get this fire going all the while trying to keep my three year old out of the fire and away from the pit.  It's hard when he is getting so big that he is so fascinated with stuff that boys are fascinated with.  Well, needless to say I went to all this trouble and finally got the fire started and he's like, "I want to go inside," LOL...I JUST GOT THIS FIRE GOING!!  Well, he went inside to play and I came back out to finish my blog..lol.  

Well, I intended to blog the other day and decided I better let my week go on by and get finished before I did.  I had a really, really awful week.  I don't know if anyone else is like this, but I have had really bad PMS for about six months I guess.  I can feel it coming on and I can feel myself getting mad and irritable.  Well, I could feel this begin to come over me on Monday.  Tuesday was the really bad day, though.  I went to church for MDO and had to work in the 4 year old room.  The kids were so nice to me and did pretty much what I directed them to.  I'm not a bad teacher..lol...but, I'm definitely not a good teacher either.  We had a good day and as the day drew to a close I realized how much I DIDN'T get done in my office and how much I needed to be in my office.  Since I already wasn't feeling up to any task I just decided to go on home and rest.  As I was leaving I grabbed a couple of yard signs to put in my yard to advertise for MDO (all the cities around here have ordinances against advertising your business, garage sales, or anything else on public property so that limits me on free publicity).  Anyway, I grabbed these signs for our yard.  They are on these metal stands...pretty generic if you've ever seen them.  I bent down to get something and one of the poles that sticks into the ground went up my nose.   

Ok, ok...now is the time to stop laughing at me and allow me to continue my sad story..lol.  

So it went up my nose and made my nose start to bleed.  It's been a super long time since I've had a nosebleed and this was just the perfect close to my already bad day.  To add to my demise for the day I missed a pretty important meeting that I needed to be at.  Our pastor reminded me on the previous Thursday about it and I was also told on Sunday so there really shouldn't have been any reason I shouldn't have been there.  Anyway, I didn't remember till like 7 a.m. Wednesday morning and had to e-mail my pastor to appologize.  He told me that he had already heard my sad story from my sweet husband--who, by the way, thought it funny enough to tell everyone he had lunch with on Wednesday afternoon.  I didn't think it very funny, but after thinking about it later on in the week I decided that it WAS pretty funny.  I mean who gets stabbed in the nose by a yard sign?  LOL...right now just typing it out I'm laughing at myself..lol.  I actually am pretty glad it got me in the nose and not in the eye.

Well, my fire is already going out..lol.  How long has that been?  I started like thirty min ago?  Hmmm...I am definitely not good with the fire.  Oh, well, the smoke is making my eyes burn anyway.  I'm off tonight with Ryan and Cade to a birthday party for Seth, a young man in our church.  His girlfriend is throwing him a party at Pablano Grill.  I'm super excited to eat there.  It's sooo yummy!! 

Can't wait to hear about you guys' weeks.  I love blogging and I love keeping up with my friends on blogger.  I've gotten rid of myspace and xanga so blogger is all I have...whew!!  I had too many to keep up with.  This one is easier for me anyway.

More later....

Comments

Jo said…
Sorry you had a rough day. It happens to all of us. I can't count the stupid stuff I get hurt doing. Just this morning I opened the back door and slammed it on my toe. : ) Anyway, I bet this week will be ALOT better!
Micah said…
Girl you HAVE my premenstral sympathy! UGH UGH UGH!!!
I'm sorry to admit that I laughed out loud when I read about the nose stabbing yard sign and laughed even harder when I read a little further. I know. Bad!
I hope this week is off to a much better start!
MamaJ said…
I'm not laughing. Really, I'm not. Teeheehee.... I love the new profile pic! The B&W is so cool!
full of faith said…
hey sweetpea! I have started a blog here and the url is http.earnestedmonds.blogspot.com...and my user name is fulloffaith....i wrote a blog in case you want to read my first, boring blog...lol....what's your url address so i can follow your blogs?
luv ya,
lori

Popular Posts