my baby...is three????

When did the time get away from me? My baby has turned three. Three whole years old!!! How did that happen? When did I turn my head and he completely grew up? I have been watching and saturating myself with every single opportunity and somehow it still flew by. My baby is no longer a baby, but a little boy. He is no longer in diapers, and hasn't been for about 4-5 months. He has been a compliant child and is almost a passive child. He does, however, embody everything that a little BOY is. He has suddenly begun wrecking cars, kicking his toys around his room, and yes, launching his stuffed animals in the air like superheros..lol. He talks about bodily systems that he thinks are hilarious while I am slinking into the corner and blaming his daddy for teaching him that it's funny...just kidding...seriously I have NO idea where he learned that it would be funny to talk about the things that happen on the potty. GROSS!!! But, there are times that he is awfully sweet and completely loving. He is always saying, "I yuv you, mommy," and "I'm so happy, mommy." He is grasping the fact that Jesus has made him and loves him and is alive and well. It's greatness. I love to watch him think about Jesus and want to read his Bible story book and learn more. It's the neatest thing about being a parent.
Well, we did have a birthday party for Cade on Saturday. It was CRAZY. I must have been out of my mind..lol. I invited all of Cade's friends to come over to our house and play with his toys and have cake. We probably had about 10-15 children here (with their parents..lol) and they played and did the pinata and had cake and helped open presents..lol...and played and got balloons and just had the best time together. Even though it was a crazy afternoon it was so much fun. Cade had a blast with his friends. He was so excited all day for them all to come over and play with him. By the way, thanks to all my moms that came and completely helped me out with taking pics and serving cake and just being here to watch the kids play. Oh, where would I be without my precious friends?! Thanks!!
Well, here are some pics from his birthday...























Comments

JB said…
Evan had the exact same birthday cake for his 2 yr party. He loves that movie. He actually drove the car off the cake. I was like, whatever...its your cake! He also has the bedding on his toddler bed. Anyway, loved the pics. Glad you had a great party!
Jo

Popular Posts