more to the story...

Welp...today I had lunch with my grandma and grandpa (my mom's mom and dad). I love spending time with them. They are probably the two most incredibly wise people that I have ever had the privelege to know. Before I went over I knew what I wanted to talk to them about but didn't know how to bring it up. For some odd reason I have found myself always just making small talk and never getting "real" with them. So here was where I wanted to start. I wanted to talk to them about Bobby....you, know...my father who died before I ever knew him. Yeah, I wanted to hear their side of the story. Something that I've learned from being in youth ministry is every story has two sides and you can't just sit and listen to one side of a story and make an informed decision. LOL...anyway, so before I really had to sit and wonder how to bring up the subject my grandma started talking about something that totally led into the conversation that I wanted to have. TOTALLY GOD-ORDAINED by the way. So as we sat and talked I began to see a different side of the story (I knew it was there). I began to see someone who was just confused. He was into drugs and just couldn't think straight. He truly did love my mom and me and just couldn't seem to dig himself out of the hole he found himself in. Ok...well, that's fine and all, but I still have this terrible hurt in my heart because I'm so mad. I'm just mad and bitter. I still can't seem to find the way to let it go. And, by the way, I'm still really angry at Peggy, my grandmother (Bobby's mother).



As I sat and shared my heart, my grandpa stopped me and said something so simple. He said, "If you will just give it all to the Lord and let Him guide you, He will open the door for you to fix the wrong." How simple!! This is a fundamental truth that I have been taught all my life. I need to do this. I want to...but, I don't. Does that make sense? My spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak.

Needless to say, that is where I am. I have to find the strength to go through with the actual "I need to appologize. I need to forgive you" thing. I have wasted so much time being angry and 'pretending' that this didn't exist in my life and not recognizing that this was an issue. I have no excuse. I have the internet...and nothing is hidden when you have the internet..lol...I know where the people live and where Bobby is buried. I need to do the actual act and make things right. I HAVE TO! If I don't then this will be the one thing that will fester in my heart. This will be the one thing that God will have to keep passing me through the fire to get rid of. It may take the rest of my life, but if I am not willing He cannot use me.

Please continue to pray for me. I cannot do this alone.

Comments

melanie said…
Praying for you hon. Praying that this turns out to be an enormous blessing in your life, in some way or another.
Michael Paine said…
Just remember that forgiving someone does not make what they have done justified. It just sets you free and allows that gap that bitterness and unforgiveness wedges between you and the Lord to be decreased. Plus forgiving someone cannot be based on a feelings because emotions don't have brains. Just like love, somedays we may not feel like loving our hubbys but we choose to love them anyways. One day we may not feel like forgiving because we are hurting from that past pain but we make a choice to forgive again with God's help because we know God will be honored and we will be set free. There is something so encouraging about forgiveness to our souls. I will pray for you in this, I know first hand about forgiveness and bitterness towards someone who has hurt you so badly. You can do this :)
Jessica said…
I'm praying for you to have strength and wisdom. You are already a wise person with alot of insite. Some times it can be hard to you that insite that God has given you in your own life with your own issues. It is very difficult to see any situation clearly when it is through the eyes of anger and bitterness. But I think that you are doing a great job of allowing God to lead you. You can see where He is at work in your life and you are trying to follow that. I am so proud of you for continuing to follow that direction even when it is taking you somewhere where you rather not go. Like melanie said, I am praying that this all turns out to be the biggest blessing in your life and that at the end you are truly thanking God with everything in you that he brough you down this road.

I love you very much, my wise and loving friend.

Popular Posts