God is at work....
I love fall. I love the cool weather. I love the rain. I love the smells. I love the colors. I know that most people love summer or winter, but I love fall. It's ususally not too hot and not too cold. Around here the falls are not as pretty as say Vermont or somewhere where you can actually tell when the seasons change..lol...but I like it just the same. Today it has rained off and on and its been sunny off and on. It really doesn't make for a very healthy baby or healthy mommy, but I like the rain. Sometimes when I am at home it just feels cozy to sit and watch the rain. I have a nice back porch area where I can go out and just sit and listen to the soothing rain falling on my metal awning..lol. May not sound nice but I like it. This weather makes me feel good. I was reading on some of my friend's blogs and they were mentioning how good they feel lately. I think it's the weather. For me, it's the weather. Something about the nice weather that makes you just feel good. One of my favorite movies is You've Got Mail and they talk about how fall makes you want to smell scotch tape and buy school supplies..lol. Sorry to say this, cause it's a little silly, but I love to buy school supplies..lol...and it really does make me think of fall.
Anyway, good things are happening around me:
Anyway, good things are happening around me:
- My friends, Marcus and Lindsey, are finally seeing progress in the way of their fertillity. If you want to read more about her journey you should visit her blog (www.thekylers.blogspot.com). I know it's been a struggle and I am so excited about what is happening in their lives.
- Our church is growing. I know that maybe (if you are a regular attender) you may not see it, but things are beginning to happen around our building project and just the ways in which our God works is simply incredible.
- Our college ministry is simply exploding. They are growing out of their building and if they do where will they go? Hmmm...another project..lol.
- I have mentioned that Cade is potty trained...FINALLY! I don't feel like I pushed him...maybe I did...but he is there.
- He is always telling me that he doesn't want a brother or a sister he just wants another baby to come into the house and just lay on the floor so he can parade his toys in front of him/her..lol. What a silly thought, right? But, his two-year-old mind just doesn't get it. I asked him if he just wanted a baby to come visit and leave and he said no he wanted it to live her. LOL...he just can't comprehend.
- Last Saturday I visited my aunt and uncle in Silsbee where we were having a birthday party for my cousins little boy. As we were all playing and enjoying the nice weather and such we hear gun shots. I didn't think much of it cause, hello, city girl just doesn't think of gun shots as being anything more than target practice..lol. Well, needless to say a bullet from a handgun came whizzing over our heads and I, city girl, didn't even realize what it was. I should have been scared out of my pants but I was just sitting there...eating my cake...with my son...and my whole family...just sitting ducks. God was so gracious and merciful that it didn't hit anyone. No one. Completely missed everybody. Of course, my uncle and cousin went over and "took care" of the GROWN men who were shooting off the gun and claiming they didn't know they were shooting in the direction of the house...WHATEVER..lol. They didn't hurt anyone..lol...they just went over and told them to stop shooting. To me, that's pretty brave.
I could go on and on and on, but I won't cause this is pretty long. I will simply say this...I am so blessed. My family is blessed. My friends are blessed (whether they see it or not). Our church is blessed. I just can't help but sing praises to my God for the blessings He pours down day after day. I can't believe He allows me to be a part of His story that He is creating here on His earth. WOW!!! What's next? Hmmm....we will just have to wait and see....


Comments