Malaysia bound...
Ryan is leaving for Malaysia on Monday. He is going with the International Mission Board World Changers. Take a look at a world map....Malaysia is all the way on the other side of the world..lol. It's a tiny little couple of islands in Southeast Asia near the Philippines. It's the farthest away that he will have ever been from me and the kids.
I'm super stoked that he gets to go, but I'm also very nervous. The flight is like 29 or something hours and he gets to stop in New York (my dream vacation) and Hong Kong on the way there and back. Up until yesterday he didn't have much information about what he was going to be doing or what to bring or how to prepare. He got a list of stuff yesterday that he should bring/not bring. Still, at this point, he still doesn't know what he will be doing..lol...but he is so excited to get there and share Christ with whomever he comes into contact with. I can't wait to see pictures of the area. We feel that since God has called us to ministry and we don't have a church yet we need to take advantage of whatever He lays in our path and do whatever He wants us to do. This is one of those things. He goes this time with the intention of bringing more people to Malaysia next summer to do more ministry. That's pretty much the only thing we know..lol.
After a little research about the country I have a few facts about the area that my husband is willingly throwing himself into:
**the country is, by law, Muslim but many pagan religions are practiced regularly.
**many young adults have converted to Christianity in secret.
**there are many diverse cultures living in the area (i.e. Indian, Chinese, Philippino, etc.).
**although some of the girls are Christians they still wear the head coverings keeping with the
Muslim regulations.
**The US is one of their biggest trade alliances in industry.
Obviously this is not all the facts about Malaysia and Ryan will probably only encounter a few of these issues, but I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands to research much more info..lol. I think one of my biggest concerns is that he is walking into a country that promotes hatred of Christianity....or maybe I'm just being overly concerned about him. I know that this is something God really wants for him to do and I really want him to go. I hope that next year I will have the opportunity to go with him as one that he brings back. I just don't know if I can be that far from my children/family, but WOW...what an incredible opportunity it would be, right?
Please pray for Ryan (and his brother, Tim) as they will be doing God's work in Malaysia July 26-August 5. Pray for their protection and for God to open doors for them to share the love of Christ with whomever they come into contact with. Pray for me that I will be patient until he returns. I know that God will protect them and that their obedience will be rewarded.
I'm super stoked that he gets to go, but I'm also very nervous. The flight is like 29 or something hours and he gets to stop in New York (my dream vacation) and Hong Kong on the way there and back. Up until yesterday he didn't have much information about what he was going to be doing or what to bring or how to prepare. He got a list of stuff yesterday that he should bring/not bring. Still, at this point, he still doesn't know what he will be doing..lol...but he is so excited to get there and share Christ with whomever he comes into contact with. I can't wait to see pictures of the area. We feel that since God has called us to ministry and we don't have a church yet we need to take advantage of whatever He lays in our path and do whatever He wants us to do. This is one of those things. He goes this time with the intention of bringing more people to Malaysia next summer to do more ministry. That's pretty much the only thing we know..lol.
After a little research about the country I have a few facts about the area that my husband is willingly throwing himself into:
**the country is, by law, Muslim but many pagan religions are practiced regularly.
**many young adults have converted to Christianity in secret.
**there are many diverse cultures living in the area (i.e. Indian, Chinese, Philippino, etc.).
**although some of the girls are Christians they still wear the head coverings keeping with the
Muslim regulations.
**The US is one of their biggest trade alliances in industry.
Obviously this is not all the facts about Malaysia and Ryan will probably only encounter a few of these issues, but I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands to research much more info..lol. I think one of my biggest concerns is that he is walking into a country that promotes hatred of Christianity....or maybe I'm just being overly concerned about him. I know that this is something God really wants for him to do and I really want him to go. I hope that next year I will have the opportunity to go with him as one that he brings back. I just don't know if I can be that far from my children/family, but WOW...what an incredible opportunity it would be, right?
Please pray for Ryan (and his brother, Tim) as they will be doing God's work in Malaysia July 26-August 5. Pray for their protection and for God to open doors for them to share the love of Christ with whomever they come into contact with. Pray for me that I will be patient until he returns. I know that God will protect them and that their obedience will be rewarded.


Comments