Do over???
Ever wish you could go back in time and do things differently? I do. There are things in my life and decisions I have made in the past and wish I could go back and do things differently.
I used to have friends in my life that stood by me when things got rough. They were there in the good and bad times. We saw each other through junior high and high school and encouraged each other through bad boyfriends and family issues.
As I grew up and moved through life I somehow pushed those friends away from me. I'm sad that I did this. This is one thing I so wish I could go back and do over again. I take full responsibility for this. No apology or any amount of words can go back and fix what time and selfishness has undone. I could start from this point, but distance separates me from them along with years of regret and guilt for the way I have pulled out of their lives, not to mention that I feel like an outsider.
Don't get me wrong...I am so blessed with new friends and their children who love my family and would do anything for us....but, there are those friends that you build memories with from your past that no amount of time can erase from your mind. I cherish those memories and laugh when I look back at old photos of us.
You know who you are, friend. I pray that you know my heart is broken for the relationship that is missing in my life. I never have recovered from dismissing you. I am so sorry, but I know that no amount of apology can fix what time has undone. I love you and hope you know that I miss you so much. Maybe one day we can recover some of what has been lost. Maybe....one day....
I used to have friends in my life that stood by me when things got rough. They were there in the good and bad times. We saw each other through junior high and high school and encouraged each other through bad boyfriends and family issues.
As I grew up and moved through life I somehow pushed those friends away from me. I'm sad that I did this. This is one thing I so wish I could go back and do over again. I take full responsibility for this. No apology or any amount of words can go back and fix what time and selfishness has undone. I could start from this point, but distance separates me from them along with years of regret and guilt for the way I have pulled out of their lives, not to mention that I feel like an outsider.
Don't get me wrong...I am so blessed with new friends and their children who love my family and would do anything for us....but, there are those friends that you build memories with from your past that no amount of time can erase from your mind. I cherish those memories and laugh when I look back at old photos of us.
You know who you are, friend. I pray that you know my heart is broken for the relationship that is missing in my life. I never have recovered from dismissing you. I am so sorry, but I know that no amount of apology can fix what time has undone. I love you and hope you know that I miss you so much. Maybe one day we can recover some of what has been lost. Maybe....one day....


Comments
You have to know that to me, what is in the past should just stay there. I have made my share of decisions that I regret. We all have and I would want to be forgiven and restored for my mistakes. Please stop being sad.:( Nothing can't be fixed. In fact I would love to meet up sometime and have a chat or lunch. I haven't been making very many trips down there lately. Time, money, busy schedules seems to keep me from visiting as much as I use to. I will be there this next weekend but for only a short trip. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will have a sort of "vacation" to see the folks and we can make some plans to see each other. Maybe Andrea cam meet up with us too. I think we would ALL like that. I cherish our memories together and would like to make some new ones. Luv Ya girl!
You have to know that to me, what is in the past should just stay there. I have made my share of decisions that I regret. We all have and I would want to be forgiven and restored for my mistakes. Please stop being sad.:( Nothing can't be fixed. In fact I would love to meet up sometime and have a chat or lunch. I haven't been making very many trips down there lately. Time, money, busy schedules seems to keep me from visiting as much as I use to. I will be there this next weekend but for only a short trip. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will have a sort of "vacation" to see the folks and we can make some plans to see each other. Maybe Andrea cam meet up with us too. I think we would ALL like that. I cherish our memories together and would like to make some new ones. Luv Ya girl!