Day 6
Today Ryan has been gone 6 days. Usually, if he goes on a trip, he would be back tomorrow. This is the longest we've ever been apart since we've been married. It's been hard. I'm beginning to seriously miss him...BAD. I kind of knew that Cade would have a break-down and cry because he was missing his dad. It happened last night. I've been letting him stay up past his bed time because he is my only company when Ayden goes to bed. I don't really like being in the house by myself all that much without a little company..lol. Maybe that's silly, but it's true. So I've been enjoying Cade's company a little later than normal. When I told him it was time to go to bed last night he got really upset. When he got in bed it took him like an hour to stop crying. When I asked him what was wrong he said, "I just really miss my dad." It took all I had to not cry along with him. I explained that dad went on this trip to share Jesus with people who may not hear otherwise. I explained how important it was for dad to be gone this long and how we need to pray that God will protect dad and give us comfort while he is gone. He understood and laid there a little longer before he finally fell asleep. I just felt so bad.
Monday I travel to Arkansas to visit with Ryan's parents. It's a long trip, but time will go by quicker when we are there. I will be there until Thursday morning and Ryan will be home Thursday evening sometime. I'm not sure when because he is a half a day ahead of us right now (13 hours ahead) and I get a little confused about him losing a day when he gets home. Like is he gonna leave Friday (his time) and be back Thursday (our time)? That's so weird to think about. I try not to think too hard about it because it frustrates me...lol. Anyway, I've been able to talk to him every day via Skype or text message for I Phone. It's been a lifesaver. If I couldn't speak to him at all I think it would make the separation a lot harder.
Keep praying for us. I'm excited to share some of the pictures and stories that Ryan brings home with all my blogger friends. I'm just so excited to hear about how he was able to share (if he is able to share) Jesus with whomever he was able.
Monday I travel to Arkansas to visit with Ryan's parents. It's a long trip, but time will go by quicker when we are there. I will be there until Thursday morning and Ryan will be home Thursday evening sometime. I'm not sure when because he is a half a day ahead of us right now (13 hours ahead) and I get a little confused about him losing a day when he gets home. Like is he gonna leave Friday (his time) and be back Thursday (our time)? That's so weird to think about. I try not to think too hard about it because it frustrates me...lol. Anyway, I've been able to talk to him every day via Skype or text message for I Phone. It's been a lifesaver. If I couldn't speak to him at all I think it would make the separation a lot harder.
Keep praying for us. I'm excited to share some of the pictures and stories that Ryan brings home with all my blogger friends. I'm just so excited to hear about how he was able to share (if he is able to share) Jesus with whomever he was able.


Comments