Short and sweet...

About a year ago I bought Ryan what I thought to be a really neat-o gift. Something he would never, ever expect. I bought him a tandem sky dive. It was a little on the expensive side and more than we usually spend on each other, but I thought that it would be something he would never expect and a surprise in and of itself. It's been hanging on our refrigerator for the past year beckoning him to schedule a time to actually do it. I would remind him and remind him that he needs to make the appointment. He knew and would, in turn, remind me that he has to mentally prepare himself for the actual act of jumping out of a plan...willingly...lol.

He finally did it. He made the appointment for July 11. It's one of the only times he could have done it...since he's wasted so much time and it's coming down to the wire of being expired...lol. We will be traveling to Houston for him to strap himself to someone else and jump out of a plane and parachute to the Earth. It's a dream of his and it's finally gonna come true. He loves this kind of stuff and I can't wait to watch as he experiences the ultimate rush.

Pics will follow.

Comments

Jo said…
Wow!! That sounds like quite an adventure.
The Kyler said…
I know he is scared as well as excited!!! I don't think I could ever jump out of a plane????? I really wanted to come and watch him do it and cheer him on, but I don't think I will have that quick of a recovery time from my surgery? Maybe we could stay in Houston after my surgery and meet y'all there?
melanie said…
:-O!!

I'm so afraid of heights.
Jessica said…
Awesome! While I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't choose to do it, I get a little mini-rush just thinking about it! How cool!
Micah said…
I can't wait to see this pictures! Bob and I were just talking tonight about what we'd like to do before we croak. All these sudden deaths have us thinking... LOL So far we've come up with .. a jet ski off the coast of Key West.... a helicopter ride somewhere... and I've never even flown in a plan.. oh yeah and I want to ride in a hot air balloon. You will most certainly NOT find me willingly exiting an airplane at a GOzillion feet with anything or anyone strapped to my back. But more power to ya Ryan! It'll be a blast I'm sure! LOL

Popular Posts