I guess a slide show would be more effective...lol

I thought I would share a few pics that I've been meaning to share for quite some time...at least since Easter...lol.  I get so far behind with everything else I do.  I know I'm not alone...



I took this picture this morning.  Ever feel like you just need to open up your house?  I just loooove this.  I love to open these doors and just let the outside air inside.  When we lived in our 14th street house I opened up our house all the time, but when we moved here I can't open up any windows except in our bedroom.  Isn't that sad?  All our windows are like huge panes of glass that don't have any way to open up (it's a wonder they all made it through all the recent hurricanes).  That's probably the only thing I don't like about here, but I love these french doors in our living room.  They have been wonderful in allowing me to see outside when Cade is playing outside or whatever.  I guess it all evens out...lol.

______________________________________________

This picture doesn't have a story or anything...I just thought it was cute.  Cade is your typical little boy when it comes to climbing and generally getting into stuff.  He was swinging on this pole and was like, "Mommy, look at me!"  So I took the pic...lol.  I don't get many of these now-a-days...lol.


________________________________________

I got Cade a kite for Easter and he asked every..single...day to go fly his kite.  I was always like, "well, we have to wait for a windy day."  He didn't understand..lol...finally, we went to the park on a really, really windy day.  He had so much fun flying his kite.  He loved it and he did really good.





_____________________________________________

Our church just broke ground for a new children's facility.  I'm super excited about it!!  It's a huge project, but our children are gonna have a state-of-the-art facility to play and learn in.  It's been a long time coming.  Anyway, we got a piece of concrete from the ground-breaking and I let Cade decorate it and put it in his flower garden.  He did really good with it.  Very colorful!!


________________________________________________

Ok,  forgive me for the blurry pics.  My fish do not know how to keep still inside the water for me to get their picture.  I'm super lucky I got what I got...lol.  Plus taking pics with a solid piece of glass between me and the fish doesn't help (and I'm not what you would call a good photographer...lol).  But these are some of the fish I have in my aquarium.  This is a green severum (lovingly named "Green Fish").

 ______________________________________________
This is "Angel Fish" (a black veil angel).

_________________________________________________

Jo, this one is for you...this is our Sucka Fish....lovingly named Vaccuum Cleaner.  I also have two silver dollars (silver fish) and a pictus catfish (catfish).  Couldn't get pics of those.  My son is so creative with the names...hahaha.


_____________________________________________

Here are some up-to-date pics of my garden.  My broccoli is doing really well.  Better than I expected since all the rain.  I didn't expect them to make it, but they are growing strong.  I have three of these.  All the little stuff is wandering jew.  I can't get rid of it...but, I obviously need to weed...lol.

_________________________________________________

Ok, so this is the last one.  This is my squash plant.  I have 9 of these.  They are doing really well.  My sweet friend, Lindsey, told me you can eat these blossoms.  Did you know that?  Well, I looked it up online and sure enough....now, this may sound a little Forest Gump-ish...but, you can fry them, stuff them, eat them in soup, and eat them raw on salad....sorry for that..lol.  I am gonna try as soon as I get some yield from the bush.  Lindsey, I will give you some too so you can try them too!!!  I'm a little excited, but also a little sceptical as to how they will taste.  

_________________________________________________

Thanks for all your comments and prayers and stuff about my previous post.  I am making moves toward getting back into relationship with my past family.  I hope to be able to post about my first talk with her soon.  Keep praying for me and keep me accountable...seriously....ask me and ask me and ask me.  I need it!!



Ok...ok....I'm still not good with the signature...it shouldn't have a box around it right?somebody help me...lol


Comments

Jo said…
Loved the pictures and the one of the fish. So good to see what is going on over in your life. It is so nice to keep in touch this way.
Micah said…
Cool siggy! Clueless about those myself.
Your squash looks GREAT! Mine is awful... not enough sun maybe. I'll know where to come to get me some fresh squash :D My zucchini is doing much better though. Like zucchini?!
Enjoyed the pics!
Bring Cade to the splash park tomorrow if ya can (check my blog)
Jo said…
Hey did you get my comment? My computer was acting weird so I wasn't sure. If you didn't, I was excited to hear about what you guys have been up to and I loved seeing the fish. It is so neat to keep in touch this way.
The Kyler said…
Can't wait to try the squash blossoms!!!! I am always willing to try new things out :).

I don't know what to tell you about the signature thing because I had that same problem when I first started trying to use it and I gave up. Then I decided to try it out again and it worked without the box around it?????? I am sorry I am no help.

Popular Posts