Indirect things...
Wow..it's been a while since my last post. Not too much going on, just haven't sat down to put any words to paper. VBS has come and gone. Seems like it always flies by. I love working in VBS. Reminds me of camp in a way..for little people..lol. Mucho funno!!!
Too many emotional encounters to put into words that have INDIRECTLY affected me. God is showing me things and teaching me things that I don't want to put out into my blog just yet. All of the encounters are affecting other people deeply and therefore affecting me as well. My heart is breaking...let's just say that and leave it there for now.
Ryan and I are leaving to go to camp with the youth Sunday. I am sooo excited I can hardly contain myself. This giddy part of me arises each year for one week..lol..and I become a different person. I become young again!! Working with the youth has taught me patience and humility. I have learned that sometimes you just have to let the small stuff go and deal with the deeper issues in life. The "drama" that people always complain about is superficial. I am always aware of "drama" in my own life. Let's leave that aside and focus on the real problems...our hearts. Nothing compares to sitting down and getting real with someone. It's incredible and I love it. Seems like I can only talk to teens like this though. Although I would like to talk to people my own age and "get real" with them, I find myself cowering behind "they might know more than me and then I won't have a leg to stand on". Seems harder.
Anyway, things are happening all around me and I am doing my best to take it all in and cherish sweet moments with my son. He is growing up way too fast and becoming way too independant. I guess that means I'm getting "baby fever" again..lol...I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!! That must mean it's time....
pray for us as we leave sunday after church. we will be driving a long way with a lot of young people and we need all the rest we can get till then. Talk more about it when we return.
Too many emotional encounters to put into words that have INDIRECTLY affected me. God is showing me things and teaching me things that I don't want to put out into my blog just yet. All of the encounters are affecting other people deeply and therefore affecting me as well. My heart is breaking...let's just say that and leave it there for now.
Ryan and I are leaving to go to camp with the youth Sunday. I am sooo excited I can hardly contain myself. This giddy part of me arises each year for one week..lol..and I become a different person. I become young again!! Working with the youth has taught me patience and humility. I have learned that sometimes you just have to let the small stuff go and deal with the deeper issues in life. The "drama" that people always complain about is superficial. I am always aware of "drama" in my own life. Let's leave that aside and focus on the real problems...our hearts. Nothing compares to sitting down and getting real with someone. It's incredible and I love it. Seems like I can only talk to teens like this though. Although I would like to talk to people my own age and "get real" with them, I find myself cowering behind "they might know more than me and then I won't have a leg to stand on". Seems harder.
Anyway, things are happening all around me and I am doing my best to take it all in and cherish sweet moments with my son. He is growing up way too fast and becoming way too independant. I guess that means I'm getting "baby fever" again..lol...I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!! That must mean it's time....
pray for us as we leave sunday after church. we will be driving a long way with a lot of young people and we need all the rest we can get till then. Talk more about it when we return.


Comments