Be still....

Several posts ago I blogged about the bitterness I had found in my heart. I have dealt with this bitterness for months....well, since I blogged about it. It has bothered me...it has continually been on my mind. Well, God was about to let me in on what I needed to do.

Be still and know that I am God...

Several weeks before camp I began praying for brokenness in my heart. I prayed for brokenness in the hearts of our youth. I prayed specifically for brokenness for specific people. God is so cool....

Be still and know that I am God...

Before we left for camp I have to admit I was a little uneasy. I knew that our church group would be split up between other church groups and I was a little uncomfortable with it. I know, I know...it's really trivial when you think about the outcomes...but needless to say I didn't want to do it. So we left and as positively as I could I mustered up all the encouraging words I could and made my way through the week. I became distracted easily with personal issues and allowed Satan to ruin any opportunities I would have had to minister to others. I did minister...I just passed up a lot of EXTRA opportunities. I saw God move over our youth in ways I never have before. He was answering my prayers...prayers I had prayed for months. It was awesome!! I was encouraged!!

Be still and know that I am God...

Back to my bitterness...I realized that all I have to do is be willing. I don't have to get rid of it NOW...but I do have to be willing. In all honesty I don't really know how to get rid of it. I just know that God will give me the strength to do it. He will give me the way to do it. He will show me what I need to do in order for Him to remove it. Please continue to pray for me. Pray that I will continue to allow God to be my surgeon...removing the callousness from my heart so He can get to the root of my problems.

Be still and know that I am God...

Comments

Popular Posts