My Concept
Today in my Bible study guide the first line was "What is your concept of God?" I couldn't go any further. I had to ponder this. What IS my concept of God? Who is God to me? Who do I say He is? Brother Bryan used to say that "the world" sees God as a Santa Clause figure who will wink at our sin. Hmmm....I guess that's true of the world. No one wants to think of God as Just, Righteous, Jealous, Destroyer of sin....but He is those things...as well as love, mercy, forgiving, gracious, healer...He is all those things too. But, how do I view God? Well, let's see....
My life is pretty blessed. I tell my sunday school class that I tend to live in a "plastic bubble". I get focused on good things and try not to let the bad stuff in. I see good in all people and want to see good in the world for the sake of my child. I think on the positive things and the beautiful things. I tend not to see the anger that people have for the church. I usually try not to think about the "bad". I want nothing to do with evil. But, all of that stuff is out in our world along with all the good and the beautiful. I have never had to deal with losing a loved one. I have never colored outside the lines as a teenager. I didn't rebel or do bad things. I was your typical "church brat" lol...I guess you could say. My concept of God is of awe and wonder and love and excellence. I see God as provider and healer and Savior most of all. He is my rock...my strong tower. The Bible teaches that He will return to gather all of His children unto himself. He will destroy evil and the devil and his wrath will certainly be felt on what's left of the earth. Those found without him will be condemned to an eternity in hell. That sounds harsh...but it's the truth. When I come face to face with who God REALLY is I gain a whole new perspective of what my concept should be. My God is Righteous, My God is Holy, My God is Upright, My God is Love, My God is Savior. MY GOD REIGNS!!!
The prayer that is written in my Bible study guide begins this way..."O Mighty God, forgive me for the times I have tried to mold You into my image." I have to pray this daily. I have to remember that God is more than what I try to make Him.
My life is pretty blessed. I tell my sunday school class that I tend to live in a "plastic bubble". I get focused on good things and try not to let the bad stuff in. I see good in all people and want to see good in the world for the sake of my child. I think on the positive things and the beautiful things. I tend not to see the anger that people have for the church. I usually try not to think about the "bad". I want nothing to do with evil. But, all of that stuff is out in our world along with all the good and the beautiful. I have never had to deal with losing a loved one. I have never colored outside the lines as a teenager. I didn't rebel or do bad things. I was your typical "church brat" lol...I guess you could say. My concept of God is of awe and wonder and love and excellence. I see God as provider and healer and Savior most of all. He is my rock...my strong tower. The Bible teaches that He will return to gather all of His children unto himself. He will destroy evil and the devil and his wrath will certainly be felt on what's left of the earth. Those found without him will be condemned to an eternity in hell. That sounds harsh...but it's the truth. When I come face to face with who God REALLY is I gain a whole new perspective of what my concept should be. My God is Righteous, My God is Holy, My God is Upright, My God is Love, My God is Savior. MY GOD REIGNS!!!
The prayer that is written in my Bible study guide begins this way..."O Mighty God, forgive me for the times I have tried to mold You into my image." I have to pray this daily. I have to remember that God is more than what I try to make Him.


Comments