Growing up, I guess...
Graduation is upon us yet again. I attended the homeschool graduation on Thursday night. It was surreal to see these young girls who I knew from such a young age (and some from birth) now becoming young women. Is it possible that time has flown by so rapidly that I missed something? I guess as I get older others get older too...lol...wouldn't you like to keep some people young, though? Like your kids: no one wants to see their kids grow older with each year. We want to keep them young as long as possible. Oh, well, God knew what He was doing when He made us grow into adults.
Ryan made an interesting comment to me concerning Cade. He said he was going to have a hard time trying not to be too overprotective. I was like, "Whoa, did you just say that?" I'm usually the one to be really overly concerned about what's going on with Cade and how he is doing and "was that bruise there yesterday?" Usually, it's not Ryan...you see, his parents were really flexible when it came to him wanting to ride his bike all over creation and not return home for hours. He would just be like, "I'm going to ride my bike" and they were like, "fine..be careful" and he would just stay gone all day. My parents, on the other hand, didn't even let me off the driveway on my bike. If I did get off the driveway I had to stop on the side of the street every time a car came so they could pass and then I could get back on my bike and ride up and down the street. We come from two completely different ends of the spectrum..lol. Anyway, Ryan was being very overprotective of our son, which I'm glad of...but, it's just strange that he would say that since he is more of a "free-spirit" than me. I guess that's just a sign of growing up..lol.
Ryan made an interesting comment to me concerning Cade. He said he was going to have a hard time trying not to be too overprotective. I was like, "Whoa, did you just say that?" I'm usually the one to be really overly concerned about what's going on with Cade and how he is doing and "was that bruise there yesterday?" Usually, it's not Ryan...you see, his parents were really flexible when it came to him wanting to ride his bike all over creation and not return home for hours. He would just be like, "I'm going to ride my bike" and they were like, "fine..be careful" and he would just stay gone all day. My parents, on the other hand, didn't even let me off the driveway on my bike. If I did get off the driveway I had to stop on the side of the street every time a car came so they could pass and then I could get back on my bike and ride up and down the street. We come from two completely different ends of the spectrum..lol. Anyway, Ryan was being very overprotective of our son, which I'm glad of...but, it's just strange that he would say that since he is more of a "free-spirit" than me. I guess that's just a sign of growing up..lol.

Comments