Attacks...

Well, I had a really intersting, yet very scary, thing happen to me last night. Cade gets up in the middle of the night, usually around 2:30 or 3:30 a.m. He comes to our room and tugs on the blankets, I get up, he turns around on his own, and we walk back to his room and he goes right back to sleep. Well, last night he RAN to our room. I'm not quite sure why...maybe he was scared. I don't sleep as soundly as I used to before we had him...I sleep really, really lightly and I can hear him when he toddles through the house (I can hear his diaper rustling..lol). Anyway, so he RAN to our room last night. He tugged on the covers, I got up, he turned around and we went right back to his room. He got back in bed and just would not fall back asleep as quickly as he usually does. I, somehow, fell back asleep though. He was tossing and turning and kicking me, but somehow I fell back asleep. I guess I dreamed that I was in his bed and laying on my back (in reality, though I was on my stomach). Satan was attacking me in my sleep. You see, he knows that way down deep inside I am still a little afraid of the dark. I never really grew out of this. I don't like being in the dark and I don't like to be scared in the dark. My mind tends to run away with me and I get really, really scared. So IN MY SLEEP he is attacking me. I am trying to scream and nothing is coming out. All I can think is, "Cade is right here next to me...what am I gonna do?" Then in my heart and mind I say, "You are NOT gonna do this to me!! In the name of JESUS leave me alone!!!" IMMEDIATELY!!!! IMMEDIATELY he leaves me and I wake up. I am still on my stomach...safe and sound. How is this possible? Well, satan is very much alive and real. He is able to place fear in the hearts of even believers. I am beginning to get serious about digging deeper into the WORD than I was before and I think he is just mad about that. He doesn't have a control on me and is looking for ways to attack me and frighten me. I have dealt with this since I became a Christian. Fear has always been my crack, my opening, my weakest part.

This morning in my quiet time I read this, "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think on such things." Phil 4:8 Fear is none of these things. God totally intervened in my life in the dark of night, when fear surrounded me. Then, He gave me a lesson on how to control my thoughts.

My prayer for you is that fear is not a part of your life. I know everyone struggles with a little fear: i.e. fear of the unknown, fear of death, fear of whatever. But, remember that Jesus conquered fear. Jesus already wrestled with our fears and died to save us from them. He is more powerful than fear.

If nothing else helps you can sing the childrens' song sung by Veggie Tales..lol....."God is bigger than the boogie man. He's bigger than Godzilla or the monsters on TV. Oh, God is bigger than the boggie man and He's watchin' out for you and me."

Comments

Kris said…
Thanks for the comment. I am still trying to remember that I have "this place" to go and write whats is currently on my mind. I have reviewed yours though. You are very faithful and constant. It's great! Hope to hear from you soon.

Popular Posts