You would think it was my first time...
Monday was Cade's first day of 1st grade here in Blytheville. The school here is so much different that NISD. I actually loved Nederland ISD so much because I went to school there. Cade would have been in all the same schools I went to. I was excited about that. I knew, though, that God had other plans, so I tried really hard not to get used to it.
Anyway, like I said before, Monday was Cade's first day of school. I homeschooled him from the time that we moved until the end of Kindergarten. It was an adventure, to say the least. I found out quickly that I am NOT cut out for homeschooling...at least, not yet, anyway. Moving and trying to take on one more thing was too much for me last year. This year, I decided to put Cade in public school. I pre-registered him before school was even out in May...lol. I was like the first one to even pre-register...lol. The good thing about knowing people who work in the schools and who work on the school board is that you get your kid into the best class with the best teacher and with his friends...lol....it was incredible. I said it and they literally did it. I am so blessed with amazing friends. If any of you read my blog, let me say a HUGE thank you. I depended on you for every detail.
So, Monday was a disaster....for me, at least. All the drop-off lines and such were incredibly unorganized (or to me they were) and, what made it worse, was that I had no idea about how to even drive through the ding dang thing. No one told me that I wasn't going to be able to find a place to park in order to walk my child into the building. You couldn't park on the side of the road and you couldn't park next to a sidewalk (which was completely out of the way from anyone that may or may not be needing to drive through the lane). It was ridiculous. I drove around for 10 minutes looking for somewhere to park my huge vehicle. I was 15 minutes late for Cade's first day of school, which made him late. Luckily, he has gotten a wonderfully nice teacher who was like, "It's no big deal...you're here now...we're cool!!" I was so encouraged by her. Cade walked into his class, sat down and began coloring and looking through his supplies. I was encouraged even farther. Later that day, I had agreed to sing at a church member's family funeral. It started at 2 p.m. and they told me I could sing then slip out. I figured it was perfect cause by the time I got done I could head over to the school and it would all work out perfectly. Well, needless to say, my plan was foiled. I went to sing and, so as not to be disrespectful, I decided to go ahead and stay until they dismissed the guests from the funeral service. I called Ryan to go pick up Cade from school only to find out that we didn't know the pick-up procedure either. I was supposed to have a car tag that had his name and grade on a certain color of paper to help them distinguish which grade he was in, in case they couldn't read the grade level on the tag. Ryan didn't have the tag, I didn't have the tag, I didn't know what to tell him or how to tell him to get in line...cause I didn't know. He ended up in the bus lane calling me and asking me where to go. I just drove over, got in a line and waited till I could pull into the parking lot and walk over to the office. Nightmare. I asked them for a car tag and they said just walk over and get him from his hall. Easy....which it was...why was I making it harder than it should have been? Well, I should mention that they have beefed up security at these schools because they have had parents, who are divorced, come get children without permission from the other parent. Messy situations. I feel safe with my child at this school and he feels safe and secure, so that's what is important to me. I'm glad they keep him under strict safety....until I tried to get him from school...lol....Oh, well, it all worked out. Cade's first day of school was great for him. No tears or drama....just fun. Mommy was the one who had a breakdown..lol.
Anyway, thanks for letting me rant for a little bit. I needed to vent.
Anyway, like I said before, Monday was Cade's first day of school. I homeschooled him from the time that we moved until the end of Kindergarten. It was an adventure, to say the least. I found out quickly that I am NOT cut out for homeschooling...at least, not yet, anyway. Moving and trying to take on one more thing was too much for me last year. This year, I decided to put Cade in public school. I pre-registered him before school was even out in May...lol. I was like the first one to even pre-register...lol. The good thing about knowing people who work in the schools and who work on the school board is that you get your kid into the best class with the best teacher and with his friends...lol....it was incredible. I said it and they literally did it. I am so blessed with amazing friends. If any of you read my blog, let me say a HUGE thank you. I depended on you for every detail.
So, Monday was a disaster....for me, at least. All the drop-off lines and such were incredibly unorganized (or to me they were) and, what made it worse, was that I had no idea about how to even drive through the ding dang thing. No one told me that I wasn't going to be able to find a place to park in order to walk my child into the building. You couldn't park on the side of the road and you couldn't park next to a sidewalk (which was completely out of the way from anyone that may or may not be needing to drive through the lane). It was ridiculous. I drove around for 10 minutes looking for somewhere to park my huge vehicle. I was 15 minutes late for Cade's first day of school, which made him late. Luckily, he has gotten a wonderfully nice teacher who was like, "It's no big deal...you're here now...we're cool!!" I was so encouraged by her. Cade walked into his class, sat down and began coloring and looking through his supplies. I was encouraged even farther. Later that day, I had agreed to sing at a church member's family funeral. It started at 2 p.m. and they told me I could sing then slip out. I figured it was perfect cause by the time I got done I could head over to the school and it would all work out perfectly. Well, needless to say, my plan was foiled. I went to sing and, so as not to be disrespectful, I decided to go ahead and stay until they dismissed the guests from the funeral service. I called Ryan to go pick up Cade from school only to find out that we didn't know the pick-up procedure either. I was supposed to have a car tag that had his name and grade on a certain color of paper to help them distinguish which grade he was in, in case they couldn't read the grade level on the tag. Ryan didn't have the tag, I didn't have the tag, I didn't know what to tell him or how to tell him to get in line...cause I didn't know. He ended up in the bus lane calling me and asking me where to go. I just drove over, got in a line and waited till I could pull into the parking lot and walk over to the office. Nightmare. I asked them for a car tag and they said just walk over and get him from his hall. Easy....which it was...why was I making it harder than it should have been? Well, I should mention that they have beefed up security at these schools because they have had parents, who are divorced, come get children without permission from the other parent. Messy situations. I feel safe with my child at this school and he feels safe and secure, so that's what is important to me. I'm glad they keep him under strict safety....until I tried to get him from school...lol....Oh, well, it all worked out. Cade's first day of school was great for him. No tears or drama....just fun. Mommy was the one who had a breakdown..lol.
Anyway, thanks for letting me rant for a little bit. I needed to vent.


Comments